The Greenville Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Greenville University is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, professional individual with a passion for Greenville to join our team. This joint partnership between the Chamber and the University has created a new position that will serve to develop mutually beneficial programs, projects and activities to foster economic growth. The full-time position will work half time for the Chamber and half time for Greenville University on the Greenville SMART initiative. Greenville SMART programming works to unify the resources and connections of Greenville University with the entrepreneurial spirit of local businesses to foster economic growth. The Greenville Chamber is a local organization dedicated to growing, supporting and educating the business community in Greenville, and also connecting visitors and residents alike with local business.
The Director for the Greenville Chamber of Commerce and Greenville Smart center will be responsible for the following:
Chamber of Commerce
• Chamber membership development including recruitment and retention, promotion of member benefits, scheduling of membership events, and execution of a number of chamber duties such as creating monthly newsletter, Business After Hours events, press releases, and community events
• Manage correspondence including updating chamber web and social sites
• Prepare Chamber of Commerce board agenda, meetings, leading a creative, cooperative environment collaborating and carrying out the vision of the Chamber Board to both create new programming and evaluate current programming.
• Organize, plan, promote and execute events hosted in the Greenville Smart Center.
• Work with regional businesses to assess Level of Service per Greenville Smart operational plan.
• Assist in the selection and onboarding of affiliated and incubated businesses.
• Report progress as required by government agencies and private donors and foundations.
• Facilitate business development connection with campus resources.
The ideal candidate would be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who enjoys being in the public eye and isn’t afraid to approach business owners with new ideas and to ask for sponsorships and membership. Required qualifications include, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work effectively with the public in a professional manner; advanced computer proficiency; and the desire to work and flourish in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Ability to operate within a budget is a must and time management will be the key to success. A creative mind to develop new ideas to match member requests regarding programs and events is vital and will make the position exciting.
Preferred qualifications include: four years of higher education in a related field, or a combination of education and work experience.
About Greenville University:
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu
Compliance with University Standards. All Greenville University employees acknowledge the unique Wesleyan, evangelical, and Protestant mission of the University, a community in which Christian faith is of central importance. Employees agree to promote the University's Mission (as set out in the Mission Statement); its Philosophy of Education and GC Student Learning Outcomes, support its Theological Assumptions and comply with the behavioral aspects of the Lifestyle Statement (collectively, the University Standards).
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.