Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
The Senior Director, Operations will build a strong partnership with Contessa’s leading health system joint venture partner in Pennsylvania to deliver quality clinical outcomes at lower costs. This is a key position that will interact with senior health system and health plan executives; this person will also need be flexible enough to dig deep into workflow, processes, and have the ability to influence direct reports and management. The Senior Director, Operations will work directly with hospital partners in the assigned region while interfacing frequently with Contessa’s executive team and centralized operations in Nashville. We are seeking a dynamic candidate with broad experience navigating and optimizing operations across health systems and provider organizations. Candidates must have a strong track record of implementing new business models, communicating and presenting to executives and collaborating effectively with a variety of teams, departments and stakeholders.
- Establish and implement effective strategies and approaches to meet clinical, strategic and financial targets
- Work with local care delivery team to optimize delivering services to patients through acute care or post-acute care episodes pursuant to the Company’s clinical models
- Collaborate with centralized departments, such as operations, finance, virtual care teams and marketing to gain support for local initiatives and meet service level agreements
- Partner with health system leadership to align under a common vision to achieve partnership goals
- Establish and maintain relationships with providers and suppliers that will serve patients
- Educate provider and payer communities to allow more patients to gain access to the Company’s services
- Champion and lead implementations of new health system and payer relationships within market
- Build and maintain relationships across our partner’s entire enterprise
- Develop initial budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Draft and deliver board of directors presentations and lead Company management team presentation
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or significant healthcare leadership experience
- Leadership: 4+ years of experience leading healthcare operations with demonstrated ability to set up new teams and navigate complexity across payers, providers, and health systems
- Fluency with payment payer/provider methodologies and experience leading transitions from existing methods to value-aligned operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to convey information efficiently and effectively to a broad variety of stakeholders and audiences, including preparation and presentation of materials to high-level executives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment in to collaborate with key partners, team and clients
- Innovative, perceptive, and willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish our mission
- Ability to inspire people at all levels of organizations; easy to work with and naturally gains the confidence of others
- Comfortable switching gears frequently and helping others adapt to change, particularly in environments with a mix of rapid evolution and longstanding practices
- Deep appreciation of how every operational move and decision impacts patient experience and does everything to optimize patient and caregiver experience
- Strong ability to process disparate information and frame data analysis for decision making; affinity for quantitative tasks and agility with analytical tools and programs
- Able to manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities quickly, creatively, and productively
Skills & Abilities
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical skills
- Regulatory Compliance
- Information Systems
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.