Are you passionate about protecting businesses from Cybersecurity threats? INTRUSION seeks a Senior HR Generalist with at least 7 years of experience in a true HR Generalist role. The Senior Human Resources Generalist (Sr. HRG) is responsible for aligning HR initiatives with overall business objectives. This position partners with the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Sr. HRG performs HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR leadership and other HR team members. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, recruitment/employment, compensation, HRIS maintenance and reporting, policy implementation, DEI, affirmative action, employment law compliance, projects and other duties as assigned.
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
· Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
· Works closely with organization management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
· Works closely with the HR leadership in developing HR Department goals, objectives and systems.
· Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
· Develops and administers various human resource plans and procedures and stays abreast of current HR trends.
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with VP of HR as needed/required.
· Handles employee separations / severance agreements and exit interviews.
· Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Monitors and maintains Policies relevance.
· Handles HR projects regularly as assigned, to include but not limited to: writing and designing company announcements, policies, and/or procedures relating to current events within the nation and world, focused policy correction with organizational management to assure organization is actively following company policy and legal requirements, developing and implementing state and national required training company-wide, harmonizing corporate policies and procedures across the organization, etc.
· Guides organization management in the creation of job descriptions, job offer for new hires, job analysis, salary reviews, promotions, transfers, and position eliminations.
· Provides guidance, input and assists with business restructuring, workforce planning, career-pathing program, and succession planning.
· Supports and participates in the organizations business strategy, including rapid growth through merger and acquisition activity, as well as organically.
· Participates in DEI councils and DEI initiatives at the corporate level.
· Assists international management in dealings with the PEO firms. Assist international PEO employees/contractors with related HR matters.
· Identifies training needs and individual executive coaching needs.
· Participates in evaluating, implementing and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
· Coordinates and conducts internal training programs.
· Assist with the recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees as needed; writes and places recruiting advertisements when needed.
· Implements onboarding program and ensures all new hires are successfully onboarded within specified time periods.
· Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the employee handbook
· Assist with the administration of the compensation, commission and bonus program, monitors and make recommended improvements of the performance evaluation program.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of affirmative action programs, filing of the EEO reports annually, and maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations to maintain compliancy within the organization.
· Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
· Coordinates with HR service providers and vendors as required.
· Participates in and/or leads employee activities and company sponsored events as required.
· Works closely with the Human Resource Information System of record and compiles reports and metrics as needed.
· Participates in and/or leads special projects as requested.
· Supports other members of the HR team as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TRAINING):
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business (or similar)
· PHR, SPHR, Certifications (preferred but not required)
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in multiple disciplines within HR.
· Extensive knowledge of multiple human resource functions, including, but not limited to employment, policy creation, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
· 2+ years full life cycle recruiting experience
· Previous experience functioning as liaison between management and employees to advise and recommend on appropriate conflict resolution strategies.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Possess an extensive amount of broad HR expertise and knowledge.
· Understand and practice at a high level of customer service philosophy.
· Has knowledge of HRIS systems, specifically Paylocity or similar systems.
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
· Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
· Strong team participant.
· Must be able to operate with minimum supervision.
· Ability to interact professionally with all levels within and outside the organization.
· Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior.
· Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results.
· Possesses high energy, process orientation, and superior multitasking skills.
· High level of organizational skills, time management, analysis and implementation, facilitation and process development.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
· Must possess strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and other Microsoft Office applications.