Overall Position Purpose
This position exists to ensure that Inteleos Engagement departmental programs and initiatives are delivered at the highest standards of excellence by providing comprehensive project management and development, providing supportive guidance and supervision of designated staff, ensuring objectives, projects, and other initiatives are executed in a timely manner and contributing to the strategic development and growth of the Member Engagement and Academic Programs. This position also serves as a member of the Inteleos Management Team and works under the general guidance of the Director of Engagement.
Execute the overall strategy for analyzing, planning, implementing, monitoring, controlling, and growing the Engagement department programs and initiatives including but not limited to:
1. Maintenance of Certification
- CME Audit
- ID Cards
- Digital Badging
2. Engagement Campaigns and Outreach
- ID Cards
- Proactively direct and manage department programs, workflows, and projects to assure timely and accurate roll-out.
- Utilize collaborative and consensus-building management techniques to maximize department staff and cross-functional teams. Manage, support, and mentor assigned staff in daily activities, training, professional development, and performance evaluation.
- Provide oversight of the Academic Engagement Program to ensure its projects and initiatives are managed and executed in a timely manner and in alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
- Ensuring that Engagement departmental programs, projects, and initiatives are in alignment with the organizational focus on a cohesive Customer Experience.
- Assume significant responsibility in the forecasting, determining, and setting of budget allocations required to meet departmental and organizational strategic objectives ensuring fiscal responsibility, strict adherence to the Board-approved budget and financial policies, and monitoring financial trends to allow for strategic adjustments to assure maximum ROI.
- Compile financial data and collaborate in the planning and development of the annual budget(s) to support the Engagement department.
- Direct and communicate critical program/project information to appropriate internal and external stakeholders (proposal for program enhancements, changes, etc., updates on Renewal or CME Audit numbers/progress, notification of new Registrant/Certificant benefits, approved changes to Engagement department programs/projects, etc.).
- Assure relevant managerial techniques and methods are utilized to manage and support staff, and organizational strategies and objectives.
- Job-related problem solving involving the management of difficult business/people issues, which may include the analysis of a significant number of factors requiring definition and investigation, and requires the production of innovative solutions
- using complex analytical tools and/or procedures.
- Serve as a company-wide resource for Engagement department endeavors and establish collaborative and close relationships with staff and volunteers to assure departmental goals and objectives are fully integrated across all divisions.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts, ensuring expectations and efficiencies of negotiated contracts are met within the scope of the contract.
- Conduct ongoing research regarding new Member Engagement trends, best practices, programs, etc. with the intent to see where we can offer more value to our constituents and serve them better and capitalize on those opportunities.
- Ensure all risk controls are met through the oversight of an effective risk management framework.
- Serve as the department representative on staff committees.
- Maintain familiarity with Inteleos staff policies and the functions of each Inteleos division/department and work as a positive role model and mentor/coach for all staff.
- Innovate, develop, recommend, and oversee adherence to organizational policies relating to the Engagement department programs.
- Develop and maintain processes/procedures as required for organizational ANSI accreditation.
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity– the employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety
o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care, and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive “Can-do” Attitude-being ready, available, and willing to get the job done and done well.
- Works under general supervision, broadly defined work objectives.
- Makes decisions of considerable complexity on business or technical matters often in ambiguous contexts. Decisions have a medium and long-term impact on a significant organizational function and frequently impact the organization.
- Work projects and products may be subject to the supervisor’s review for content, quality, and appropriateness.
- The incumbent has no formal supervisory responsibility, although he/she may provide oversight and regular work direction to other workers.
The incumbent will work primarily at a desk in an office environment. Some travel may be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment. Some evening and weekend work will be required.