Contessa, through partnership with the MSHS/MSSN, offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in partnering with an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe, and affordable care to patients. As an Acute Care RN (ACRN), you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day, and feel supported by leadership. We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.
Core Job Specific Tasks
- Provides a broad range of infusion therapies to patients in their homes
- Assists patients recovering from illness in the comfort of their homes
- Provides one-on-one home nursing care visits and patient education in accordance with the physician’s plan of treatment
- Must have excellent written and verbal customer service skills in order to interact with the patient, providers, and administrative staff
- Educate patient on their condition, prescribed medications, nursing interventions and care plan
- Participate in the coordination of services with other disciplines and community resources as needed.
- Identify and act on changes in patient’s condition
- Evaluate and revise care plans/assessments based on changes in patients and/or their environments
- Document all assessments and interventions
- Collect specimens and blood work as orders
- Manage peripheral IVs, midlines, and PICC lines
- Perform wound care
- Insert foley and straight catheters
- Utilize and instruct patient/family on the use of the telehealth tablet used for biometric data capture, patient symptom reporting, and telehealth visits
- Participate in regular case conferences and in-service or special case orientations as needed and participate in on-call rotation
- Willing to travel to Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Frequent, prolonged standing/walking
- Frequent lifts, positions and/or transfers patients/equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment worn
- Visit approximately 2-4 patients a day
- Willingness to travel to patient homes in Manhattan, Bronx, or Brooklyn, as assigned
- Corporate Uber account will be provided for travel through boroughs
Patient Population Served
- Adult 18-65 years
- Older Adult 65 and older
- EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Professional Nursing. ASN required (BSN is preferred)
- Must complete in-house orientation program
- Must complete annual mandatory in-service education
- EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Current IV insertion and central line management skills
- 3-5 years of inpatient acute care med/surg experience
- Experience providing RN services in the home, community, or clinic is preferred
- Speaks, reads, and writes English. Spanish speaking a plus but not required.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Current and valid New York State registration authorizing practice as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Certifications required for assigned area of practice: BLS
- CURRENT TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Shifts: 7am to 5pm (4 days/week) & 2p-12a (4 days/week)
Organizational Standards of Behavior
1. Complies to Confidentiality Standard by
- Maintaining patient/employee confidentiality in the management of Information.
- Practicing “minimum necessary disclosure” regarding Protected Health Information (PHI) as outlined in the hospital policy on Release of PHI.
- Attending all assigned general and job specific HIPAA training.
2. Complies with Compliance standards by:
- Performing job duties in compliance with all Federal & State regulations (including HIPAA) hospital policy, compliance policy and Code of Conduct.
- Reports all known or suspected violations of Federal & State regulations, hospital policy, compliance policy and Code of Conduct to the Compliance Officer. Attends all general and job specific training.
- Works collaboratively with members of the Mount Sinai South Nassau team. Demonstrated openness to new ideas, approaches and perspective of others.
- Assists other Mount Sinai South Nassau team members as needed.
4. Observes all hospital, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
5. Complies to General Safety standards by:
- Promptly reports or corrects any unsafe conditions
- Operates equipment safely
- Adheres to infection control guidelines
- Follows fire/safety prevention protocols
- Maintains a clean, safe and secure work environment
- Offers ideas to improve safety
6. Adheres to emergency/disaster preparedness protocols
7. Participates in organizational and/or performance improvement activities. Adheres to hospital quality initiatives
8. Completes annual health assessment and PPD or CXR and fit testing (if indicated) requirements in a timely manner.
9. Completes annual mandatory education
10. Adheres to hospital policy dress code policy.
11. Wears hospital photo ID while on duty
12. May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties as necessary.