Reporting to the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director, the Leasing Agent will be responsible for the successful marketing, leasing and turnover of units within one or more multifamily residential buildings located throughout the Buffalo Metropolitan Area. The Leasing Agent is also an important representative of the company to tenants, vendors and other stakeholders.
Leasing Agent Duties Include:
Together with the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director leading the marketing efforts for one or more multi-family residential building and posting marketing materials on social and print media on a regular basis.
- Responding to all tenant leasing inquiries in a professional and timely manner and following up with prospective tenants with the aim of closing leasing deals in an ethical manner.
- Assisting the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director to lead the leasing efforts for all assigned buildings and ensuring that vacancy rates remain below 5% and unit turnover time remains below 10%.
- Helping with daily leasing operations, including prospect tours, phone calls, and email communications
- Assisting in the collection of rent and processing late notices as well as evictions
- Helping the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director to build very strong tenant relationships, and execute all tenant incentives and programs.
- Showing units and meeting with staff, tenants and vendors on a regular basis or as required by the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director.
- Processing applicants paperwork including applications, proof of income, credit and background check, following company policies and procedures
- Conducting move-in/move out for new and departing residents
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure maintenance requests are completed on time
- Complying with Fair housing laws as well as company policies and procedures
- Understanding how to read leases
- Effectively explaining leases and community policies to new and current leasing agents and residents
- Developing programs, attending and assisting in coordination and organization of resident relations and activities. Helping to administer Client Relations Management (CRM) program
- Working closely with the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director to ensure curb appeal and property appearance meets standards.
- Visiting property amenities, common areas and vacant units regularly to ensure that all comply with the highest standard of cleanliness, reliability and safety.
- Collaborating with the local community to ensure a high level of engagement and understanding of neighborhood trends, risks and opportunities.
- Supporting the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director with administrative duties and assuming responsibility for properties when Property Manager is unavailable.
- Working closely with the Facilities Manager, head-office and site staff and the Property Manager and/or the Portfolio Director on other tasks, as required, and executing assigned tasks and initiatives with precision, urgency and care.