Education & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or related scientific field, and 0-2 years related experience.
- Knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques such as PCR and cloning methodologies, including vector and primer design.
- Practical knowledge of protein expression vectors (promoter, transcriptional signals, etc.) and have the ability to analyze DNA and protein sequences.
- Knowledge of tissue culture and mammalian cell transfection procedures is a plus.
- Knowledge of DNA analysis software programs such as Sequencher, DNAStar or their equivalent, and with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate clearly, and to report and present experimental results and analysis to company colleagues.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize multiple assignments, and work simultaneously on at least 2 projects.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a complex, changing environment.
- Self-motivated, independent, and results-oriented.
- Team player, intensely committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to learn and follow protocols.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to details.
- Position may require occasional evening and/or weekend commitment.
- Position may require working with biological and/or chemical hazards.
- Position might require lifting up to 20 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.