SUBSTITUTE TEACHER - Multiple Positions Available
Northwest Classical Academy seeks to add to its pool of qualified substitute teachers. This position would report to the school’s Principal on our Kennesaw campus. Substitutes provide face-to-face instruction with students and ensure continuity of appropriate learning during the absence of the lead teacher. Substitute teachers perform related duties in lieu of the absent educator. Substitutes must be adaptable to changing school needs and able to create and maintain a climate that promotes the mission and virtues of Northwest Classical Academy. This position is on-call and is assigned based on operational needs.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Substitute teachers work on an on-call, as needed basis
- Reports in person to the school building to provide face-to-face instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans provided by the absent teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is safe, orderly, conducive to learning, and consistent with the mission and virtues of the school
- Maintains established procedures of the school and classroom
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with children required
- Ability to work on-call or as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with and conviction for the values of a classical, liberal arts education and the ability to hold students accountable to a high standard of conduct.
- Ability to adhere to the school’s dress code as outlined in the employee handbook is required.
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Atlanta Classical Academy/Northwest Classical Academy:
Atlanta Classical Academy presently employs approximately 100 faculty and staff members, and it is leading the effort to open a sister school twenty-five miles away in Kennesaw, Georgia. Before August 2021, the team will hire 50 new employees and launch Northwest Classical Academy (“NCA”) for approximately 500 students in grades K – 6. NCA would expand each year and ultimately serve grades K – 12. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Atlanta Classical Academy and Northwest Classical Academy are independently operated public schools chartered by Atlanta Public Schools and the Georgia Department of Education, and Georgia’s State Charter Schools Commission, respectively. Each are equal-opportunity employers. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. Candidates must attach a letter of introduction, a C.V. or resume, and three character references to their application. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission. For faculty positions, please attach a 300-500 word “statement of educational philosophy.”
Northwest Classical Academy | 3010 Cobb Parkway N.W., Kennesaw, GA 30152| NWClassical.org