Associate Level Clinician (LAC, LMSW, LMFTA)
Salary: $27.00 to $32.00 per hour plus benefits
Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-Time
A vibrant growing peer-led organization is seeking a full-time associate level therapist to see members at our West Valley facility in Avondale, AZ. We are looking for a Licensed Associate Clinician to provide behavioral health and substance abuse counseling in accordance with the agency’s mission statement. As a counselor, you will conduct diagnostic assessments, develop person-centered treatment plans, facilitate group counseling and psycho-education, individual and family counseling, as well as train staff on clinically related topics.
- Work with individuals, groups and communities to improve mental health.
- Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences.
- Examine issues including mental health, substance abuse, aging, bullying, anger management, careers, depression, relationships, LGBTQIA+ issues, self-image, stress management and suicide prevention.
- Work with families.
- Help clients define and execute identified treatment goals.
- Refer members to community resources based on identified needs.
- Take a holistic approach to member care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy
- 6+ month experience providing counseling services to adults
- Program experience at a recovery center, private practice, or group home setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer literate
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Professional Certifications & Licenses:
- Valid associate level clinical license in the state of Arizona required.
- Valid associate level substance abuse counseling credential.
- Self-identify as a peer by the International Association of Peer Supporters (INAPS) or Mental Health America definition and/or have (or have had a history) of a Mental Health/Behavioral Health or Substance Use/Abuse Diagnosis
- At least 21 years of age (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification): Required
- Valid AZ Driver’s License
- Criminal Background Verification
- Pre-Hire and Random Drug/Alcohol Screening
- Personal Vehicle
- Covid-19 Vaccination