The Receptionist is responsible for creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere when individuals arrive to or depart from the HOPE, Inc. recovery center. They will meet and greet people, accurately check/clock program participants in and out, answer and route all incoming calls, and disseminate messages in a timely manner. All HOPE staff are responsible for promoting recovery and resilience through the sharing of their own experience(s) with a culturally diverse population of program participants, volunteers, visitors, and other staff members. They must openly and consistently model recovery through their language and behavior, showing sensitivity and value for cultural diversity. The applicant must demonstrates an ability to interact with and understand the nature of working with persons with serious mental illness, substance abuse disorders and/or behavioral issues by showing respect, courtesy, tact, patience, and professional boundaries. Guidance and direction is provided by the Site Director or Site Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greets program participants and visitors at time of arrival and departure.
· Answers a multi-phone system in a friendly and professional manner.
· Accurately records messages and relays to the appropriate party within the agency.
· Assures center lobby is clean and presentable at all times.
· Assists with the opening and/or closing of the center and other duties as specified based on location and center specific protocols.
· Acts as an integral part of the recovery center team, with an ability to foster unity and teamwork as well as work independently.
· Demonstrates a commitment to cultural competency by interacting effectively and comfortably with people from different cultures and developing communication skills to interact sensitively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Properly handles paperwork of a confidential nature on a daily basis, and complies with all aspects of HIPAA regulations, including privacy and security rules.
· Provides the highest level of customer service to all staff, members and visitors.
· Provides lower level administrative support to the center to include the following:
o Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying
o Prepare and format documents and reports in Microsoft Word and Excel
o Tracks member related activities such as bus pass distribution and group sign in sheet completion
· Receives mail for the center and distributes to the appropriate recipients.
· Other duties that support the general administrative needs of the center and as applicable.
· This position calls for courtesy, professionalism, tact and tolerance.
· Candidates must be able to set and maintain professional boundaries.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and the ability to provide documented proof of education.
· Demonstrated skill in working with individuals with serious mental illness, substance abuse disorders and/or behavioral issues.
· At least 2-3 years in a customer service role.
· Aptitude in answering a multi-line phone system.
· Ability to read, write and speak in the English language. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
· Able to thoroughly and accurately document one to one encounters to facilitate processing and acceptance of claims.
· Verbal de-escalation skills for comforting or communicating with members who may be agitated and the ability to approach these scenarios in a person-centered, trauma informed manner.
· Must learn to utilize HOPE, Inc electronic health record keeping program.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and basic functions in Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The work environment at the center can be fast paced and one can expect to experience a large number of interruptions during their workday.
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritize multiple competing duties and requests effectively.
· The noise level at the center can be moderately loud with numerous activities being conducted simultaneously.