Snowline Hospice is a community-based hospice and palliative care agency dedicated for over 39 years to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. We compassionately care for patients located throughout Sacramento and El Dorado Counties. Many of our patients are Veterans who we strive to serve with respect and honor. We are currently looking for a Veteran Outreach Intern to join our team! This position is designed for a Veteran student, 6 month temporary assignment, up to 25 hours per week and based out of our Diamond Springs Administrative Office. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills.
The Veterans' Internship Program provides paid internships for qualified veterans of the Armed Forces of the United States. This internship affords veterans with on-the-job training and work experience that may enable them to effectively compete for permanent Snowline positions or in the larger economy. Snowline Hospice is on a mission to better serve our Veteran population through the challenges of terminal illness, isolation or traumatic life experience. The first step to providing quality end of life care to our Veterans is to learn more about their unique needs by becoming familiar with the military culture. Some Veterans live with complicating factors such as homelessness, substance abuse, PTSD and more. Our goal is to accompany and guide Veterans through their life stories toward a more peaceful ending.
No experience is required to participate in this program, however, ideal candidates will have had active military experience and have served in an overseas assignment or in an assignment directly associated with Afghanistan: Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) / Iraq: Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).
Eligible Veterans Outreach Intern (VOI) applicants include veterans who have been discharged or released from the Armed Forces of the United States under honorable conditions. Discharged veterans must possess a valid DD214 Certificate of Discharge or Separation from Active Duty or other official documents issued by the branch of service.
- Build professional and organizational capacity to provide quality care for Veterans
- Work closely with staff to develop and/or strengthen partnerships with the VA and other Veteran organizations
- Increase access to hospice and palliative care for Veterans in our community
- Analyze & suggest ways Snowline can improve our commitment to veteran-centric care
- May conduct educational training to all staff and/or identify key partners in the Veteran community who could educate staff on topics such as the End Of Life Hospice VA benefit
- In collaboration with the Marketing Coordinator and the Community Outreach Coordinator, create new marketing materials that targets Veterans
- Identify Veteran organizations with whom Snowline could partner with to offer Veteran populations educational classes on EOL topics, such as advance care directives
- Re-vitalize Snowline's involvement in the "We Honor Veteran Initiative" through networking phone calls
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of Memorial Day, Veterans Day and other Veteran-centric activities
Please visit our website at www.snowlinehospice.org to learn more about our organization. Apply today!
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.