Schedule: Full time—Part time—Day shifts—Overnight Awake
The Direct Support Professional is responsible for supporting adults with disabilities by empowering them to be as active in their lives as they can. Their support needs include household maintenance, meal prep, shopping, bathing, toileting, teeth brushing, etc. so that they may always look and feel their best. The DSP may be asked to assist them to their medical appointments, administer medications, follow Behavior Support Plans, Individual Support Plans and goals, and to follow medical guidelines that are in place.
Temporary summer employees will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule at assigned residential location. They will become valued members of the Venture direct support team and have the opportunity to gain valuable work and life experience! Employees who work a minimum of 30hrs weekly will be entitled to an additional $500 bonus at the end of their employment!
DSP workers are provided paid New Employee Orientation, paid CPR/First Aid, Safety Care, Defensive Driving, and Medication Administration Program (MAP), as well as program and person specific training at the individuals’ home.
· 18+ with reliable transportation
· Commitment to assisting people with varying disabilities to participate fully in their community and in their own lives.
· Varied interests and personal connections in the local community.
· Proven record of conscientious, responsible behavior (work, volunteer or school history).
· Ability to work as a creative, engaged, dedicated member of the team