LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
We are rapidly growing and seeking a highly motivated individual to join our highly collaborative BioProduction team as an Associate Scientist. In this role you will perform laboratory bench work and technical services and report directly to our technical lead. The ideal candidate will think critically and creatively to help determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform lab work related to mammalian cell culture, protein expression, purification, characterization, and analysis following established procedures, primarily focusing on analytical tests such as UPLC, CE-SDS, and Octet
· Maintain proper laboratory working environments
· Inventory and restocking
· Participate in procurement of materials
· Perform routine maintenance on instruments and equipment
· Follow SOP, record and report deviations
Document experimental work in digital laboratory notebook and batch records
· BS in Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields with 1-3 years industry experiences.
· Hands-on experience with a wide range of cell transfection (e.g. CHO, HEK293, etc.) and protein purification techniques is a plus.
Knowledge or experiences with various analytical methods on UPLC, CE-SDS, mass spec is a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in a team-oriented and highly collaborative environment
· Excellent organizational, time management and record-keeping skills
· Strong ability to work on multiple projects at once
· Strong ability to manage work with minimal supervision
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.