We are looking for a reliable part time LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to care for our clients in a professional and considerate manner.
- Skilled in organizational and time management and the ability to prioritize
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Skilled in using Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR)
- Skilled in professional interaction and communication with clients
- Must be capable of performing Basic First Aid and CPR
- Must be mobile and the ability to sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift 100 lbs.
- Ability to demonstrate Practice-Based Client Care and Procedural Skills
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and
- proportions to practical solutions
- Working knowledge of current nursing and medication policies at Defining Wellness Centers Inc.
- Understanding of both state and Joint Commission regulations regarding client care
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recording a client’s medical history accurately
- Taking and recording measurements of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate etc.
- Observing clients under treatment to identify progress, side-effects of medications etc.
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned
- Collaborate with physicians, clients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to implement and follow a client specific care and treatment plan.
- Follow all regulations related to medication dispensing, documentation and storage as- defined by all relevant state and federal, including the DEA and FDA
- Administer medication accurately, observing client response, as evidenced by documentation in the electronic medical record
- Maintain and coordinate communication among client and staff as evidenced within the electronic medical record client file
- Assist in assuring that effective communication exists with client/significant other/family as reflected in the Treatment Plan
- Give punctual change of shift report consisting of pertinent and relevant information for assigned clients
- Use available written and AV materials specific to client condition or disease
- Assist clients, family members, or other clients with concern and empathy, respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicates with them in a courteous and respectful manner
- Graduate of a practical nursing program.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a practical/vocational nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work.
- Current CPR certification.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse