Duties and Responsibilities
The essential job functions include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Ensure a safe workplace by complying with and promoting safety polices, including applicable food safety regulations. Proper use of PPE, LOTO, and risk management.
• Understand production systems and machinery; maintain and repair all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electronic systems as needed to minimize production downtime. This includes rebuilding pumps, heat exchangers, chillers, boilers, air compressors, conveyors, can & bottle fillers.
• Perform advanced mechanical troubleshooting on all production equipment, this includes, mechanical adjustments, calibrations, installations, monitoring, and other duties required to minimize machinery and equipment downtime without compromising workmanship and quality.
• Ability to troubleshoot basic control components to include photo-eyes, motor starters, servo & variable frequency drives, encoders, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, and other line control devices.
• Thorough understanding of service and rebuilds of pumps and VFD controls.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with electro-mechanical equipment maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
• Completes all Preventative Maintenance as scheduled for plant machinery and equipment.
• Take initiative in developing and improving PM’s, troubleshooting guides and standard operating procedures.
• Completes all necessary paperwork related to job functions including, but not limited to, work orders, inventory, shift notes, time sheets, records, logs and purchasing documents.
• Assists/lead in equipment and/or facility modifications and upgrades.
• Attend and participate constructively in meetings.
• Maintain a clean shop and orderly work area, returning tools, equipment and supplies to their appropriate storage areas after each assignment, and supporting 5S efforts throughout the facility.
• Help promote a cohesive and productive environment within the maintenance team.
• Maintain inventory of necessary supplies for shop and projects by communicating needs to the maintenance manager.
Skills & Abilities
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Minimum 3 years of electromechanical equipment experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• The ability to read and interpret manuals, electrical, pneumatic, mechanical schematics, and blueprints.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficient technical skills including ability to utilize electrical multi-meters, calibration devices and other electrical monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to use power tools safely
• Strong computer skills.
• Good decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Show willingness to cross train and assist with mechanical repairs.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to lift or move up to 50lbs., or up to 150lb with assistance
• Repeated lifting of 35-75 lbs
• Ability to stand for long period of time and work in wet conditions
Additional Desired Experience
• Minimum of AS degree or formal technical training.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in maintenance and repair of a production brewery.
• Welding and machining experience.