It is our mission to improve the quality of life for the diverse communities of South Los Angeles and Southeast Los Angeles County by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment. We aim to lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
General Summary: The Community Outreach Worker will be responsible for conducting outreach and general health education presentations to individuals and community organizations, including schools, about health care and availability of SCFHC services and programs.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of patients at various SCFHC Clinic locations.
- Performs outreach in the community and surrounding areas.
- Assists with patient follow up, which may include accompanying patients to clinic site in their neighborhood
- Communicates with individuals in a professional and empathetic manner
- Communicates and educates patients, families and community members in their homes or at community sites, linking individuals and families with SCFHC resources.
- Explains information and recommendations regarding SCFHC services available to patient, and monitors patient for ongoing needs to obtain medical appointment at SCFHC
- Helps educate patient to develop an appropriate plan which may include a medical appointment, and/or referral to another agency or professional
- Maintains outreach activity log and appropriate record keeping that follows SCFHC policies and procedures
- Attends events and conducts outreach while distributing educational information
- Participates in SCFHC outreach community health fairs and other events
- Conducts outreach to community organizations of SCFHC services, such as churches, recreation centers, and other agencies
- Distributes Flyers and educations information
- Demonstrates innovative ways to market and outreach SCFHC services