Recruitment Period: 06/02/2021 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
The Director of Admissions directs the daily operations of student admission and recruitment including application cycle setup, training, communications, events, short- and long-range strategic planning, supervision, policy review, data analysis, and compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
• Administers and leads student admission and recruitment; managing, evaluating, reporting, and planning
o Develops and administers a successful recruitment and communication plan, including events and presentations to prospective students, schools, professional groups on admission requirements, process, financial aid availability, curriculum, and job placement
o Assess admission and recruitment activities for effectiveness and alignment with mission and strategic plan
o Manage the development of promotional materials, along with Communications Department, that promote the University to prospective students
o Prepare admission reports and data for stakeholders, decision making, and planning
o Data custodian of application and recruitment information
o Review and interpreting application information and making admission decisions
• Establish and cultivate relationships with internal and external constituents, attend regional and national association meetings, collaborate with other departments and offices on procedures, student services, and events
• Advises academic programs on admission guidelines and requirements
• Unit Management and improvement
o Administers compliance with federal and state regulation, institutional policy, and accreditation standards in regards to admission and recruitment activities and assists stakeholders in implementation of requirements
o Approves operating procedures and software system updates
o Ensures regulatory and programmatic changes
o Supervision of admission and recruitment personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and enforcement of policy and procedures
o Manages recruitment budget
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts himself/herself appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: Master's Degree
• Five or more years of work in recruitment or admission required, higher education experience preferred
• Two years of supervision experience required
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Understanding of admission requirements, procedures, school funding, and financial aid application processes; ability to analyze and interpret information; proficiency with computers and ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong interpersonal, presentation, networking, and verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
For information about life in Yakima visit our PNWU page.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.