* $100 bonus available upon hire, another $100 bonus at completion of 90 day probation period.
As part of the Opioid State Targeted Response Grant, the Outreach Specialist works in the community to increase access to Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) treatment and prevention activities in order to reduce the prevalence of OUDs and opioid-related overdose deaths. Working collaboratively with other community stakeholders, the Outreach Specialist provides peer outreach to identified Pima or Yuma County residents to improve access to, participation in and retention in evidence based practices. Guidance and direction is provided by the Outreach Coordinator.
- Engage community members including homeless individuals and veterans to participate in treatment, particularly Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), for opioid use disorder.
- Engage and assist individuals re-entering the community from the criminal justice and crisis systems to participate in treatment for opioid use disorder.
- Provide outreach in the community to educate and assist community members and stakeholders with navigating the full continuum of care related to opioid misuse, abuse and dependency.
- Assist individuals in enrolling for services and engaging in services including applying for Medicaid coverage as needed.
- Collaborate with other grant recipients and community stakeholders to coordinate outreach efforts and support
- May transport potential members to and from various appointments (within an agency vehicle), as appropriate.
- Relates own recovery process in a positive and supportive manner through coaching, role modeling and mentoring in order to assist members in developing skills to achieve their goals.
- Works with member to navigate and use community resources in an effective manner.
- Provides information on service options at RBHA direct contracted agencies and fulfills referral requirements when indicated.
- Advocates for members, as needed, to ensure delivery of necessary services.
- Promotes HOPE, Inc. as the premier peer support organization to the behavioral health community and prospective funding sources.
- Ensure compliance with and support of Executive directives, Agency contracts and established policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency needs and changes.