About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer. In collaboration with AbbVie, Janssen and Schrödinger, Morphic is advancing its pipeline and discovery activities using its proprietary MInT technology platform which leverages the Company’s unique understanding of integrin structure and biology. For more information, visit www.morphictx.com.
Morphic is advancing both partnered and fully-owned oral integrin therapeutic candidates with the initial clinical trials beginning in the 2020. Our immediate focus is on the areas where the clinical activity of antibody inhibitors of integrins is precedented, thus enabling a rapid path to clinical proof-of-concept. Morphic Therapeutic is located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
· Use current and novel techniques to address questions of drug mechanism of action
· Design, develop and implement in vitro assays to address target and drug biology
· Develop and execute wide range of in vivo oncology models to evaluate activity of drug targets
· Perform mouse tumor studies, monitoring, necropsy procedures and downstream processing of samples
· Design and perform experiments to deliver pre-clinical data sets, including RNA-Seq, single-cell sequencing, cytokine, Nano-String and multicolor flow cytometry
· Execute experiments independently, troubleshoot as needed, interpret and discuss data
· Mentor junior colleagues
Ph.D. degree in immunology, molecular biology or related fields and postdoctoral experience in an academic lab.
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.