DevOps Engineer I
Last updated: 4/13/21
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the Platform Services team here at Meow Wolf. Our team’s mission is to build tools for Artists that help them create immersive experiences inside and outside our exhibitions. In general, this role involves being in part responsible for the development, availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and disaster recovery of the tools we create. An ideal candidate for this position knows enough about programming languages, data structures, algorithms, and performance to be able to write software that is effective at scale. A substantial portion of our work involves Linux system administration, therefore an ideal candidate would have this complementary skill set as well. While we are looking to hire engineers that have software development ability, we are most interested in those that have a proclivity towards engineering software based solutions to operational type problems.
Details about our current stack:
- MongoDB and MySQL
- vSphere ESXi and vCenter Server
- Google Cloud Platform
- Information security analysis
- Hybrid cloud Kubernetes cluster administration
- Kubernetes application development using Helm
- RabbitMQ development
- Containerization with Docker
- Jenkins CI/CD pipeline development
- Development of logging and monitoring solutions with GCP
- Facilitating deployments to Google Cloud Platform on Google Kubernetes Engine and on-prem with Anthos
- Linux networking and administration
- Git and Github for Version Control
- Rotating on-call support for critical issues in production
Who You Are:
- You’re smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and are passionate about art, technology, and pushing your limits.
- You have experience designing and implementing new software features through data and customer-driven development cycles.
- You want to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers.
- You love to conduct research and not always recreate the wheel. You know that getting things done and in front of customers is more important than perfection.
- You’re organized, have a sense of humor, and can communicate well with your team.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Cyber Security, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and maintaining software development tools and cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with cross functional teams to solve problems and launch new products
- Experience working with CI tools preferably Jenkins
- Deep understanding of system administration of *nix based systems
- Comprehensive understanding of popular cloud service providers (in particular GCP)
- Experience working with vSphere in on-prem environments
- Experience building Hybrid-cloud solutions with Kubernetes
- Experience working in Kanban or Agile w/ Jira (or something like it)