Position: Concessions Runner
Classifications: Part Time, ADMIN/Food & Beverage Staff, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Concessions Manager
Evaluation Due: Annually by Supervisor with input from Director of Food & Beverage
1. Physical Demands: Requires prolonged standing, walking, some sitting, bending, stooping, stretching, navigating stairways, standing, and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for keyboarding and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
2. Work Conditions: Includes kitchen/event environments, involving contact with staff and the public. Requires irregular hours and changes to schedule due to the organization’s commitment to be 100% event driven which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people.
3. Staff Liaisons: Regularly with Event Manager and/or Event Designee, and as directed by Supervisor.
4. Job Objective
Assures that all stands are clean, safe, organized, and profitable while providing effective and efficient customer services.
5. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Combination of education and experience in customer service, business operations, and/or hospitality industry is required. Certification in food management/food preparation is required. Possess good communication skills (including the ability to read, write and speak clearly/consistently in English), ability to work well with people, ability to function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, orientation to detail, computer literacy and proficiency required. Must be comfortable with technology and social media. A valid state driver’s license is required.
In addition, the following KSAs are preferred; knowledge of convention/tradeshow industry, catering practices, supervisorial experience of staff and project management, and ability to anticipate/identify problems or potential problems and achieve effective resolution.
6. Duties and Responsibilities
a. Collaboration & Communication
· Keeps supervisor apprised of equipment malfunctions/repair needs/replacement needs, cash shortages, customer issues/complaints/suggestions, and work injuries.
· Maintain concession stand menu products and supplies (current and upcoming events).
b. Guest Services
· Works one-on-one with client representatives to assure positive perception that their event is top priority which increases likelihood of repeat/additional events.
· Obtains guest feedback and assists/responds to guest service issues.
· Capable of assisting with delivery check-in, food preparation and cooking.
· Assures all sanitation, food handling, SDS manual and materials, and food safety procedures/standards are followed/maintained in concession stand(s).
· Oversees all concession stand food handling/safety/sanitation compliance.
· Food Preparation Techniques to Ensure Food Safety
o Cook times and temperatures.
o Equipment procedures.
o Food holding temperatures.
o Food handling (raw and ready) procedures.
· Opening/Closing Procedures
o Cash register
o Food to provide prior to opening.
o Food retention, disposal and storage.
· Cleaning/Use/Set-up and Re-Setting Procedures
o Beverage machine(s).
o Ice cream machine.
o Ice machine.
o Work surfaces.
o Three -compartment sink.
o Sweep/Mop floors.
o Chemical usage and storage and safety data sheets (SDS).
o Regular cleaning procedures for events.
o Annual deep cleaning procedures.
· Proper etiquette when interacting with guests.
· Departmental policies and procedures:
o Attendance/Calling Off
o Dress Code
o Ratio Procedures
7. Secures work area before departing after each event.