Position: Parking Attendant
Classifications: Part-Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Parking Supervisor
Evaluation Due: Annually by Supervisor
1. Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, some bending, stooping, stretching, navigating parking lots, lifting to 50 pounds occasionally, and ability to tolerate climate and environmental conditions (dust, dirt, etc.). Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for keyboarding and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
3. Work Conditions: Includes event environments, involving contact with the public. Requires irregular hours and changes to schedule due to the organization’s commitment to be 100% event driven which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people.
4. Staff Liaisons: Charter Bus/Tour Groups, School/Church Bus Groups, Vendor & Setup Representatives, and as directed by Supervisor.
5. Job Objective
The Parking Attendant oversees and assures that parking is effective and safe.
6. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Combination and/or applicable education and experience in customer service, parking lot, security, and/or venue operations are required. Possess good communication skills (including the ability to read, write and speak clearly/consistently in English), ability to work well with people, ability to function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, orientation to detail, computer literacy and proficiency a must. Must be comfortable with technology and social media. A valid state driver’s license is required.
7. Duties and Responsibilities
o Assures that ingress/egress stations are setup and staffed.
o Receives pre-paid tickets, VIP passes and/or takes up money for paid events and makes change.
o Directs all guest vehicles and event-designee vehicles to and from (ingress and egress) appropriate parking lot sections and provides parking security during center events.
o Assists with ADA parking as well as blocks/designated additional ADA parking sections as needed.
o Designates and oversees accident staging areas as needed, as well as directs emergency responders (EMT, Police, Fire, etc.) appropriately.
o Monitors and reports parking lot lighting and maintenance needs.
o Assures that parking lot is safe for all participants.
o Complies with center operation policies and procedures.
o Assures traffic flow (ingress/egress) so that first impressions of the center are efficient, hospitable, and safe.
o Keeps traffic flow calm and harmonies.
o Helps diffuse any impatient actions during parking experience.
o Notifies Box Office and sends customers to the Box Office parking staff cannot resolve issues.
o Maintains departmental dress code which helps identifies parking staff and includes the use of safety vest, flashlight, radio, etc.
o Assures compliance with OSHA and work safety standards and regulations.
8. Helps train other staff or volunteers as needed.
9. Forms effective working relationships & rapport with customers and staff.
10. Secures work area before departing each day.