Position: Environmental Services (EVS) Attendant
Classifications: Part Time, ADMIN: Housekeeping, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Environmental Services (EVS) Manager
Evaluation Due: Annually by Supervisor
1. Physical Demands: Requires prolonged standing, walking, some sitting, bending, stooping, stretching, navigating steps/stairways, standing, and lifting to 50 pounds occasionally and ability to tolerate climate and environmental conditions (dust, dirt, etc.), Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for small tools and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
2. Work Conditions: Arena and event environments, involving contact with staff and the public in varying crowd sizes. Requires irregular hours and changes to schedule due to the organization’s commitment to be 100% event driven which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people. Environment includes a variety of floor surfaces, areas (including but not limited to heights, elevators, darkened areas, flashing lights, loud noises, and special effects), and requires the physical stamina to complete assigned tasks.
3. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Must have High School Diploma or equivalent. Possess effective communication skills (including the ability to read, write and speak clearly/consistently in English), orientation to detail, ability to work well with people and function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions.
4. Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboration & Communication
o Keeps supervisor apprised of equipment malfunctions/repair needs/replacement needs, customer issues/complaints/suggestions, and work injuries.
o Meets with EVS Supervisor to review weekly EVS meeting/notes.
o Assures that inter-departmental are completed so that current and upcoming event needs are met and/or exceeded.
- EVS Oversight
o Plans, assigns, manages, works with and trains semi-skilled employees engaged in the cleaning and custodial/janitorial care of the facility, both as to facility use and application of departmental equipment and supplies.
o Determines best equipment and supplies available to do the job within the facility in relation to fabrics and materials involved in the facility.
o Assures collaboration and communication between EVS and all departmental staff.
5. Helps train other staff or volunteers as needed.
6. Forms effective working relationships & rapport with customers and staff.
7. Secures work area before departing each day.