Position: Base Building Security Staff
Classifications: Part Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Event Operations & Marketing
Evaluation Due: Annually by Supervisor
1. Supervises: None.
2. Physical Demands: Requires prolonged walking, sitting, some bending, stooping, stretching, standing and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, and ability to tolerate climate and environmental conditions (dust, dirt, etc.), hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for keyboarding and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision, and ability to remain alert/vigilant for extended periods of time.
3. Work Conditions: Includes office and event environments, involving contact with staff and the public. Regular schedule is typically up to 6-hours per shift Monday through Sunday (anytime between 12AM and 11:59PM) and is 100% event driven (can require irregular hours and changes to schedule due to deadlines and frequent interruptions) due to events and project timelines which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people.
4. Staff Liaisons: As directed by Supervisor
5. Job Objective
Base Building Security Staff maintains, monitors, and secures premises while conducting periodic security checks and shift assignments.
6. Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED with the combination of applicable education and experience in security, hospitality industry, and/or event venues is required. Possess good communication skills (including the ability to read and speak clearly/consistently in English), ability to work well with people, ability to function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, orientation to detail, computer literacy and proficiency a must. Must be comfortable with technology and social media. Must have and maintain a valid state issued motor vehicle license.
7. Duties and Responsibilities
o Exercise proper action and attitude when interacting with staff and public.
o Accepts and signs for incoming packages and delivers to the front desk and/or designated area.
o Maintain security log for assigned shift.
o Notify appropriate staff regarding breach of security, procedures, and/or incidents.
o Monitors weekly posted schedule to be ready for upcoming events.
o Turns on / off lighting systems for events.
o Opens and/or re-secures gates due to event openings and closings.
o Locks and/or unlocks premises to provide access and/or limit access to pre-approved staff, vendors, and public for events.
o For non-event shifts, unlocks/locks doors to administration per regular schedule.
o Conducts premises rounds (Arena, Hall, Common Areas, Theatre) per policies and procedures.
o Provides Back Gate access and monitoring including ID confirmation for those authorized for gate access using approved event list and/or contacting event management for approval.
o and assists with VIP Gate admission as needed.
o Monitors Fire Alarm System.
8. Helps train other staff or volunteers as needed.
9. Forms effective working relationships & rapport with customers and staff.
10. Secures work area before departing each day.