Position: Box Office Ticket Seller
Classifications: Part Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Box Office Manager
Evaluation Due: Annually by Supervisors
1. Physical Demands: Requires prolonged sitting, walking, some bending, stooping, stretching, navigating stairways, standing, and lifting to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for keyboarding and departmental equipment. Requires normal and/or correctable range of hearing and vision.
2. Work Conditions: Includes office and event environments, involving contact with staff and the public. Requires irregular hours and changes to schedule due to deadlines and frequent interruptions due to events and project timelines, and due to the organization’s commitment to be 100% event driven which may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry, confused or upset people.
3. Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Combination/applicable education and experience providing consistent and excellent customer service. Possess good communication skills (including the ability to read, write and speak clearly/consistently in English), ability to work well with people and build/maintain excellent rapport, function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions, ability to succeed under pressure, ability to identify problems and achieve successful resolutions, orientation to detail, and computer literacy and proficiency. This position requires attendant to succeed in a fast-paced environment and produce positive results in an atmosphere that requires exemplary customer service. Must be able to count money and make change correctly.
4. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Accurately dispense tickets as requested by guests.
· Respond to customer complaints and requests while maintaining a positive rapport with customers.
· Use discretion and independent judgement to determine to solve problems quickly to the satisfaction of customers.
· Determine the validity of any refund requests and respond accordingly.
4. Forms effective working relationships & rapport with customers and staff.
5. Secures work area before departing each day.