** This position is a regular, full-time position that is temporarily a remote position. The position is to work with our Mid-Atlantic engineering group based out of our Silver Spring office, however we are open to properly qualified candidates residing anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic area **
At Toole Design, we’re working to create vibrant and inclusive places and mobility solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 200+ engineering, design, and planning professionals are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues on transformative projects across the country.
Why join Toole Design?
As a Civil Engineer, you will be supporting an interdisciplinary team to create sustainable multimodal transportation projects in a wide range of contexts from complex roadways and streetscapes in highly urban settings to signature trail projects that highlight and enhance the natural environment. You will collaborate directly with the regional engineering director by independently managing projects from kick-off to construction. In an industry that is constantly changing, you will be at the forefront of delivering creative solutions to challenging projects.
You will have opportunities to independently manage and lead company projects in your home region as well as to support projects across our North American offices. You’ll be at the table with clients and colleagues from a variety of disciplines, delivering construction documents for innovative projects throughout the country. You will also be participating in business development and project pursuits, supporting the firm’s quality initiatives, and mentoring our designers. In an industry that is constantly changing, you’ll be at the forefront of delivering creative solutions to challenging projects.
Toole Design is a committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and work for common purpose as part of a mission driven firm. We are an equal opportunity, woman-owned business and are proud that half of our managers are female and are committed to achieving racial diversity amongst the firm leadership. No matter what your background is – we encourage you to apply for this position.
You’ll be a great fit if:
• You enjoy generating and evaluating geometric designs to realize multimodal benefits
• You enjoy producing high-quality transportation construction documents and seeing your projects built
• You revel in mentoring talented team members and fostering a culture of expertise
• You are experienced at delivering high quality projects on-time and on-budget
• You enjoy building strong relationships across disciplines, across offices and with our clients
• Making a positive difference in how people get around is your passion
• You’re motivated to find new clients and solve new challenges
• You are detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
• You know how to get the message across, whether written, verbal or graphically
We’ll offer you:
• The opportunity to lead, manage, design and implement transportation projects that positively and directly affect our communities.
• The potential to grow as an engineer and advance in a company that prefers to promote from within
• The opportunity to learn first-hand from industry-leading experts
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute
About our Silver Spring office:
The Silver Spring office of Toole Design is our corporate headquarters. We are conveniently located just outside of Washington DC in downtown Silver Spring, two blocks from the Silver Spring Metrorail/MARC Station. Our beautiful 8th floor suite offers stunning views of DC and surrounding Montgomery County. The office is easily accessed on foot, by bicycle, and via transit. Our team is a dynamic mix of planners, engineers, landscape architects and administrative professionals. Our projects range from city-wide plans to street transformations, in the mid-Atlantic and throughout the U.S.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click "Apply for this Job" below or visit our careers page http://www.tooledesign.com/careers and select the corresponding position. You will need a resume, cover letter, and 150 word statement on your commitment to equity and diversity. Toole Design Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply. No phone calls, please. For more information about Toole Design Group, visit our website (www.tooledesign.com), follow us on Twitter (@tooledesign), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TooleDesignGroup).
What you’ll need (position’s title would be commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience level):
• A Professional Engineering license in the United States is required
• A bachelor’s or master’s Degree in civil engineering
•Most candidates possess the right skills and abilities after 4-6 years of experience
• A broad knowledge base in civil engineering with a transportation focus and specific knowledge of horizontal and vertical roadway geometric design (MUTCD and AASHTO)
• Highly proficient with design software including: MicroStation, InRoads / OpenRoads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D.
• Working knowledge of Bluebeam and Microsoft office applications
• Experience developing construction documents and cost estimates for one or all of the following agencies: VDOT, MDSHA, DDOT, DELDOT.
• Keen interest in multimodal and active transportation design preferred