Status: Full-time; Exempt; Benefit Eligible
Work Location: Santa Fe, NM
Reports to: Vice President, Financial Planning & Analyst
Project Hire: No
The Senior FP&A Analyst will actively participate in supporting the financial analysis and performance of existing and future sites. The position will work closely with external/internal partners in the development and communication of forecasts.
- Support Business Development opportunities - create models to estimate the financial viability of future sites and assist in understanding the financial impact of various terms during initial negotiations
- Provide financial analysis in support of the financing, acquisition and or/leasing of future sites/properties.
- Help to develop and monitor the annual budget and forecasting process within the Operations departments. Ensure all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Driver identification: Identify, analyze, and forecast drivers of both revenue and costs
- Trend analysis: Analyze, report and incorporate trend analysis into forecasts. Includes financial (revenue, costs) and non-financial (visitors, capacity, occupancy) trends.
- Communication of results versus plan: Communicate variances from plan to Department, Division and Company leadership (including C-Suite). Work closely with Department leaders to understand and hold accountable for variances from plan.
- Drive efforts to improve results: Work closely with Operations to improve financial performance. Identify, estimate and prioritize opportunities.
- Identify, manage, and monitor risks: Identify, manage and monitor risk of achieving forecasts/budgets. Proactively communicate risk to Senior Leaders and potential mitigation opportunities.
- Hypothesis testing: Perform high level hypothesis/scenario testing related to operating assumptions and its impact to expected financial performance.
- Financial and global insights: Understand and communicate company-wide financial needs/insights to Department/Division leaders who do not have full financial visibility.
- Business case development: Lead efforts to estimate the financial impact of business cases (i.e. online ticketing, peak pricing) including sensitivity analysis of key assumptions.
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to move forward without all the information. We will never have all the information we would like to have - this role needs to be comfortable developing and defending assumptions.
- Technical skills to acquire, clean, analyze and present data that provides insights to partners. At a minimum, the candidate should have very strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience in database analysis/visualization tools (Access, SQL, Tableau, etc.)
- Be a passionate team player and treat others with respect. Success is only possible through true partnership within the Finance organization and with other Departments. This role requires the individual to be able to communicate effectively and to build trust across the entire organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related fields (finance, business, accounting, economics, statistic)
- At least three years of related experience - exceptions can be made if the candidate has a graduate degree.
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills and advanced financial modeling experience
- Previous experience using database analysis tools (Access, SQL, Tableau, Domo etc.)
- Previous experience in working in theme parks, hospitality, hotels, commercial real estate or construction
- Master’s degree in a related field
Work Environment and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Work Environment: Office environment
Physical Demands: Sitting (at a desk) for long periods of time, looking at a computer monitor.
The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require supervisory responsibility
Travel may be required for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Department Head Signature: _________________________________
Director of HR Signature: _________________________________
Employee Signature below constitutes an employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Print Employee Name: _________________________________
Employee Signature: _________________________________
Meow Wolf truly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.