Interested in expanding the reach of mental health care in our communities? Interested in joining a rapidly growing organization that puts people first and the communities we serve at the center?
The Josselyn Center team is growing as we expand our Community Mental Health Centers in Northfield, IL and Waukegan, IL! We are seeking an experienced Community Support Specialist to join our team!
We are working to bring quality, comprehensive mental health care to as many people as possible, especially those traditionally underserved.
The Josselyn Difference:
- Josselyn is a not-for-profit mental health care provider treating clients from more than 90 communities across northern Cook and Lake counties, with a sliding fee scale.
- Our comprehensive services include: outpatient therapy, psychiatry (including tele-psychiatry), case management, supported employment, wellness, outreach and education, family resources, a therapeutic summer day camp, and a new Intensive Outpatient Program (opening Summer 2021).
- By Fall we will have one of the largest child psychiatry programs in the region.
- We partner with such entities as Rush University Medical Center, Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital, College of Lake County, IL Dept of Human Services, Cook County, and many local municipalities and community based organizations.
- We are proud to offer scheduling flexibility, full benefits, generous PTO, great work/life balance, and a collaborative and supportive work culture.
YOU can make a difference. YOU can help expand our reach. YOU can help shape the conversation around mental health in our communities!
- ADA Considerations:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Physical Requirements
- Strength not a requirement
- Manual Dexterity not a requirement
- Visual Discrimination not a requirement
- Hearing ability for normal sounds
- Mental Requirements include demonstrating good judgment and ability to organize data and anticipate scheduling issues
- No Environmental Requirements
- Occasional travel may be required so must be able to drive and hold valid driver’s license
- OSHA Category for Blood Bourne Pathogens Exposure
- Comprehensive Mental Health Assessments
- Development, modification and review of treatment plan
- Community outreach
- Crisis intervention
- Case management
- Client centered consultation with community providers
- Attendance and participation at clinical presentations
- Use of supervision or consultation when required or needed
Quality and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Complete Mental Health Assessment within 3 days of face to face assessment
- Complete Treatment Plan within 30 days of completion of the Mental health Assessment
- Ensure individual treatment plans are updated and recorded in CIS prior to the six month due date
- Modify Treatment Plans as appropriate
- Complete annual mental health assessments timely and update CIS
- All Progress Notes will be entered into the medical record as soon as possible but in no more than three business days of the te of service
- Provide timely completion of Level of Care Utilization System (LOCUS) (for adults)
- Compliance with all Policy and Procedures
- Maintain productivity goals as determined by supervisor
- Keep weekly schedule current
- Be responsive to the business office regarding client fees/payments
- Complete requests time off in a timely through the Program Director
- Participate in Accreditation and Certification processes as directed
- Participate in Committee Work as directed
- Participate in Strategic Planning as appropriate
- Participate in Community Related Services as appropriate
- Represent the agency with integrity