Oxford Lane Library
As defined by its Board of Trustees, the mission of the Lane Public Library (LPL) and its staff members is "to provide and promote library resources to meet the educational, recreational, cultural, civic, and informational needs of the library's service area."
Public Services Assistant
Assistant Branch Manager FLSA: Non-Exempt
· Offers consistently excellent customer service
· Performs opening and closing procedures
· Performs circulation desk routines, registers and maintains patron circulation records, prepares library cards, checks library materials in and out
· Performs circulation money procedures, collects fines and fees, balances cash drawers
· Prepares reserve holds and transfers items to other locations
· Routes, shelves and retrieves books and other library materials for customer use
· Maintains and replenishes supplies for workstations and basic business equipment
· Assists in maintaining an orderly and inviting atmosphere for library customers
· Refers questions to Reference Staff when appropriate
· Serves on various teams and committees
· Keeps up with e-mail and information posted on the staff site
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Organizes, analyzes, and prioritizes work skillfully and efficiently
· Operates library computers and business equipment
· Communicates effectively
· Maintains confidentiality
· Works independently with appropriate training and supervision
· Maintains professionalism and adheres to library policies and staff code
· Able to lift 40 lbs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Some clerical experience
· Works assigned schedule, which includes evenings and weekends
· Assists other agencies/departments, as needed
· Must pass criminal background check
SALARY: 20 hours per week, $9.93 an hour. Excellent benefits, including paid vacation and sick leave.