Responsible for working with the voucher team to administer the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program in accordance with Foothills Regional Housing (FRH), aka Foothills Regional Housing, HUD, Federal, State, local regulations and policies. Performs a variety of technical compliance duties involving the determination of initial and continued eligibility, maintaining accurate case files, and interacting with Landlords and tenants in a courteous and professional manner. This role will focus on the Emergency Housing Voucher program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare monthly recertification letters and packets to tenants and landlords.
· May provide back up for the Receptionist for lunch and time off.
· Assembles verified income, household information, and maintains active participant files in accordance with the policies and procedures of FRH and HUD’s rules and regulations.
· Assists with maintaining and update archive files, as needed.
· Ability to prepare reports and meet strict deadlines.
· Enters program participant household and income information in database accurately and in a timely manner.
· Determines the need for interim rent changes and completes all established and required processing procedures.
· May occasionally inspect units, evaluates units for occupancy to determine if the units meet with Housing Quality Standards, the reasonableness of rent charged, and negotiates rent amounts with owners as needed or when the inspector is not available.
· Conducts leasing of families and initiates contracts between the owner and the housing authority.
· Verifies a lease is executed between the landlord and the tenant.
· Processes landlord payments in a timely and efficient manner.
· Maintains working knowledge of program requirements and HUD rules for effective maintenance of programs.
· Prepares and accurately posts monthly housing assistance payments to the landlord.
· Monitor appropriate billing of housing assistance payments and other fees to and from other public housing agencies for portability participants.
· Terminates rental assistance to families, when appropriate, for failure to comply with program rules and regulations and conduct Informal Hearings.
· Acts as a mediator, when appropriate, in disputes between families and landlords.
· Investigate general complaints from tenants, landlords, and the general public.
· Maintains working knowledge of area resources. Establishes and maintains contact with other human services delivery agencies; informs and refers clients, as appropriate.
· Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys.
· Pursues collection of monies owed by the participant or terminated families under repayment agreements with FRH.
· Prepare and present briefing materials to new program participants in a classroom setting, when needed.
· Follows Foothills Regional Housing (FRH), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and all other necessary agency policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, where applicable. Must have or acquire a working knowledge of all pertinent regulations applicable to the position within six months of the date of hire.
· Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Treats people with respect and work with integrity and professional ethics, upholding the agency’s value and mission. Represents the agency in a positive, professional, and ethical manner at all times. This specifically includes abiding by all of the ethical rules outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Attend scheduled meetings with Voucher Manager and other Voucher Team staff to discuss various items of concern and/or interest of both parties. Attend housing meetings outside of the office, workshops, and training sessions.
· Maintains the utmost confidentiality of all applicant and tenant information.
· Must always be a team player and act in a manner that is in the best interest of FRH.
· Uses a time management system and other organizational tools set up by FRH to organize tasks and manage time effectively.
· Adapt well to change in the work environment. Must be able to work with frequent interruptions and respond calmly and professionally to emergency situations.
· Responsible to maintain the desk and work area in a neat and clean manner. No information relating to applicants and tenants, including files and computer screens, should be visible to office visitors or left on the desk after work hours.
· Must have the ability to work independently in a shared work environment.
· Minimal of out-of-town travel is required for occasional training seminars.
· Minimal evening or weekend work time required
· Requires high school diploma or equivalent, and two years minimum experience in the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
· Requires strong skills in organization, time management, initiative, and attention to detail. Must be able to deal with frequent interruptions and successfully work with a variety of populations.
· Requires excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment and work with limited supervision.
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows and must have or acquire a working knowledge of FRH tenant software (HMS Windows) within three months of the date of hire.
· Requires a valid Colorado Driver License and the ability to be insured at standard rates.
· Criminal background checks are required.
FRH is an EOE.
Salary is $22-23 per hour