Do you want more than just a job? If you are looking for a great career opportunity you’ve come to the right place! We are currently hiring and seeking talented individuals to join our growing team! We offer competitive wages, a great benefit package plus the ability to grow and learn new things!
Thermal Product Solutions is a leader in thermal processing products and test solutions. TPS designs and manufactures industrial and laboratory ovens and furnaces, and environmental temperature cycling and stability test chambers. Our product brands include Blue M, Gruenberg, Lindberg/MPH, Tenney, Lunaire, Wisconsin Oven, and Baker Furnace. We are hiring at our locations in PA, MI and WI.
EOE AA M/F/H/V
Summary: Plans layout and installs electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties:
The normal second shift hours are 2:30pm- 11:00pm Monday through Friday. Training for this position would either be on first shift, or a modified first shift with some overlap on second, depending upon business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble electrical panel panels for our Blue M line of products
- Drill, tap sheet metal panels to specific layouts.
- Mount all electrical components and mounting hardware.
- Wire control panels utilizing PLC’S and VFD drives according to electrical schematic
- Perform quality surveys to ensure accuracy of own work and others when required
- Report any and all issues through automated feedback system.
- Experience with NEC code, including conductor ampacity sizing (T310.16) De-rating adjustment factors (300.15) conductor classes (low voltage circuits, signaling and power-limited circuits), wiring methods, overcurrent protection, raceways, grounding and bonding.
- Experience with motor controls.
- Knowledge of Industrial OSHA regulations with a strong emphasis on working safely.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Two year electrical degree from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and to accurately measure with a tape measure and square to 1/32".
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations form.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills including Excel and/or Google Sheets preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Electrical certificate or diploma preferred.
Other Qualifications: Use of basic hand tools and related electrical tools. Must be able to read electrical schematics. Must be willing work overtime on an as-needed basis to maintain production deadlines. Experience of production/production line work is preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Basic Core Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.