Are you an IT professional with impeccable integrity? Do you have a passion for serving others? Do you constantly strive for excellence? Are you a strong team player? Are you dedicated to learning, growing and improving your technical and professional skills? Are you humbly confident in your abilities? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then you’ve found the right place to call home!
Who is Texas Systems Group?
Texas Systems Group (TXSG), founded in 2002 and based in Austin, Texas, provides Managed Services, Private Cloud Data Center Hosting Services and IT Infrastructure Solutions to clients all over Texas and across the Nation.
Our reputation of providing Texas-friendly, honest & caring IT Services is only possible by hiring professionals who not only have impressive skills and qualifications, but also the ability to create trusted relationships with our employees, clients, and vendors.
Find a Passion, Not a Job
TXSG is looking for a Support Technician in Austin, Texas who will work on our Service Desk team to provide out-of-the-box, comprehensive phone and remote support for a wide range of first-level requests from our clients.
This position requires foundational technical skills beyond a traditional Help Desk position. In other words, you won’t just be helping people with their desktop or user account issues – you will provide support for applications, printers, and mobile devices to name a few. You will also have access to powerful support tools to remotely manage our client’s IT infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate not only has a good understanding of Desktop/Workstation support, but also experience in IT customer support and able to follow documented processes.
Key Responsibilities of Support Technician
- Provide front-line phone support in a Service Desk Call Queue environment.
- Troubleshoot hardware such as desktops, laptops, printers, telephones, and smartphones.
- Provide basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity on a single machine or device, Client VPN connectivity/setup, wireless connectivity.
- Perform identity management tasks, such as creating new user accounts, processing account termination requests, and account related changes.
- Perform workstation builds including: out-of-box setups, tool installs, app installs, and imaging.
- Keep clients informed of incident progress and notify them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, IT Staff, and vendors.
- Provide detailed system documentation, maintenance, and review via service tickets, daily time-tracking, etc. in ConnectWise Manage and OneNote.
- Document all work details and time allocated on service tickets into ConnectWise.
- Ensure that service requests requiring additional support are escalated in a timely manner.
- Assist Service Coordinator with phone triage and dispatch.
- Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K Match
- Training allocation
- Certification Bonus program
- Internet and cell phone stipends
- Fitness reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Casual Dress in the office
- Hybrid office options
- 10 days PTO per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 days Sick per year
- Stocked kitchen
- Fun quarterly events
- Happy Hours
- Dog Friendly office
- Company apparel
Qualifications of Support Technician
- 3+ years of direct customer service-related experience.
- Basic to intermediate troubleshooting skills in Windows 10 and Active Directory (around Identity Management – passwords, groups, etc.)
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 (account management, groups, teams, etc.)
- Ability to follow well documented processes and refine those processes as needed.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, planning, time management, and execution skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and achieve individual and team goals.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly.
- Quick learner with a passion to grow and continually improve.
Preferred Qualifications (Additional skills that would make you stand out in this role)
- A+ or MS Desktop Technician certifications.
- Previous experience in a similar technical support role.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 solutions (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint).
- Experience with Apple hardware and Mac OSX support.
- Monday-Friday 8 hours with an hour-long lunch break.
- You will be required to participate in the On-Call rotation.
- You may occasionally need to work after business hours to cover holidays, nights, and weekends.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position, located in Austin, TX.
Physical activities of this role include:
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces. Including but not limited to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, crawling, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, and/or squatting.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 40 pounds in all directions.
- Expressing or exchanging information with others by means of verbal and written communication.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Environmental conditions subject to exposure to variations in extreme heat and cold.
Physical requirements are medium work that occasionally include moving objects up of 35- 40 pounds.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Hourly range: $18 - 22 per hour