Do you have a passion for creating memorable experiences for others? Do you have a keen eye for the small details that make a moment special? Are you able to stay calm, collected, and positive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment?
The award-winning event spaces of Journeyman Distillery are gearing up for another season of making memories. Our team of professionals has a knack for bringing private events to life in and around our historic Featherbone factory. While the surroundings and ambiance set the stage, it is our Events Services staff that really makes the magic happen.
As an Event Lead, you will provide quick, efficient service, allowing the guests to focus on the people and the occasion they came for. Before their arrival, you'll account for every detail, ensuring the first impression is just right. Then, as the event proceeds, you'll perform the necessary tasks of the moment without the guest even thinking about it, almost as if you were never there at all.
Basic Function: Ensure that all events guests receive immediate attention, serve their food and non-alcoholic beverage requests promptly and courteously. Work alongside the Banquet Captain to assist in the management of each event.
At Journeyman Distillery, we believe hard work and dedication deserve to be rewarded. To that end, we provide a comprehensive benefits and incentives package.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off – begins accruing on Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Match available Day 1
- Medical Insurance – 30+ hours/week
- Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance options – 20+ hours/week
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- Summer Holiday Bonus Pay
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Employee Tour with Owner/Founder, Bill Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values and align with the organization’s Core Focus.
- No challenge is too great.
- Goals worth pursuing are never easy and perseverance and determination are essential to success.
- There is no substitute for time and effort and good things will come from those efforts.
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- The pursuit of excellence is lifelong and mastery is an illusion.
- Joy is in the daily work and the pursuit of excellence, not a final destination.
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best.
- Treat every customer with the mindset that they are the business’ first-ever customer.
- Treat customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, and friendliness. Be engaging, helpful, and willing to offer a magical experience.
- Be available and provide timely responses in all capacities.
- Extend this mindset to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees, never taking any of them for granted.
- Take pride and ownership in your work.
- Engage and actively participate in your work and company activities.
- Be a positive force in the workplace, creating a culture of positivity.
- Extend common courtesy to yourself, employees, and guests.
- Evangelize and promote the company and brand.
· Our Purpose: to create a shared legacy.
· Our Niche: creating great memories for life experiences.
- Act as a point of contact for clients during events.
- Act as a floor supervisor for events staff during events.
- Ensure all necessary staff breaks are taken and clocked appropriately, as possible, and as necessary.
- Review Event Sheets and floorplan at the beginning of each shift to ensure the room is set as contracted.
- Be in communication with the Event Manager regarding any special needs.
- Assist in ensuring that the events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Prepare the tables, lay out the napkins and utensils, polish silverware and glassware, make sure the condiments are refilled, while performing all other preparation tasks (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Clears tables after guests. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware etc. in appropriate areas for washing – separating plates, silverware, glasses, and linens to designated areas.
- Maintain proper dining experience, deliver items, fulfill customer needs, remove courses, replenish utensils, refill glasses.
- Responsible for ensuring work area(s) are stocked with items that will be needed while on shift.
- Ensure that workstations are properly refilled at the end of every shift.
- Handle any problems that might arise both courteously and professionally.
- Must have some familiarity with basic food prepping procedures and cooking methods.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the venue.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Event Manager.
- Ensure that event spaces are re-set for next event contract.
- Assist with the keeping of inventory of all equipment in order and stored in their appropriate areas.
- Work with supervisors and utilities to transport any and all items needed for an outdoor event not within the distillery facility and tent areas.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by Events Manager.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the distillery.
- Ensure all clean-up and breakdown of event are executed prior to departing.
- Ensure all staff are clocked out appropriately prior to their departing.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND VISUAL SKILLS:
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.
- Ability to operate, clean, and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to visually inspect food and beverage orders, read order forms, and ensure that orders comply with the customer's request.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 25 pounds of food trays, carrying overhead constantly and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping for up to five hours without sitting.
EDUCATIONAL, DEVELOPMENT, AND WORK-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage preparation and operational procedures as would normally be acquired through a high school education and at least one year of relevant experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of state liquor laws as applied to food and beverage service operational practices and procedures as would be acquired through at least one year of relevant experience preferred, in progressively responsible position.