Meow Wolf creates immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences of all ages into fantastic realms of story and exploration. This includes art installations, video and music production, and extended reality content.
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Come as you are!
Compensation for this role is $17.00 - $18.40/ hour.
Full-Time Benefits & Perks:
Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package and many perks, including:
- Medical Insurance Options: PPO & HSA.
- Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage.
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability & Critical Illness Policies.
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks.
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch.
- Free admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests.
- 401k Retirement Plan – Begins on the first of the month following 90 days of employment.
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role.
Part-Time Benefits & Perks:
- You will begin accruing Paid Time Off (PTO) at your date of hire. You may utilize accrued PTO beginning immediately.
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch.
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests.
- Further details about your benefits package will be provided at your orientation.
Security Officers will be responsible for securing the premises and personnel by patrolling and inspecting inside and outside of the exhibit, protecting against fire, theft, vandalism, employee/ guest injury, illegal activity and/or inappropriate guest/employee activity in accordance with company policies and procedures. This role will promote good working relations through courteous, helpful, and professional contact with employees, visitors, guests, and vendors/contractors. Reports directly to the Security Manager.
- Complete all daily reports, incident reports, supplemental reports, and other written, electronic documents pertinent to the day-to-day activities of assigned tasks.
- Monitors, enforces, and reports violations of company rules, company policies, and applicable Local/ State/ Federal laws.
- Monitor and control guests entering and exiting the venue.
- Interact with guests and employees in a professional manner and engage with local law enforcement agencies as required.
- Respond to reports of guest or employee injury or illness and provides First Aid, CPR, and use AED as needed.
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies, and threats to life and/or property.
- Direct evacuations during emergencies and assist guests as needed.
- Escort security vendors and/or employees with money pick up and drop offs.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of the venue. Cleaning assignments may be made for designated areas of responsibility before, during, and after operational hours.
- Exhibit a high degree of motivation toward providing guest satisfaction by displaying a friendly approach to service guests. In addition, the Security Officer must be able to deal with many guests and/or employees each day in a positive and friendly manner.
- Must be flexible to work at different positions and must be knowledgeable of all workstation requirements and functions.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Observant and situationally aware.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess customer service/ guest aptitude with excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to greet and interact with guests in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Must possess social perceptiveness to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Strong sense of responsibility, a professional presentation, and attitude.
- Ability to patrol property for 8-9 hours at a time.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Security.
- Proficiency in English, verbal, and writing.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Customer service driven with outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Must have previous computer experience and excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills to write incident reports.
- Solution-oriented and not stopped by “paper walls”.
- Have full and open availability and can work any shift including weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated work experience in the entertainment/ hospitality/ military/ law enforcement environment.
- High School or GED graduate.
- Prior work experience in an exhibit, attraction, theme parks, museum, recreation facility, or other public space.
- Bilingual, especially but not limited to English and Spanish.
- Willingness to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members.
- Ability to adapt Meow Wolf knowledge to any situation.
- Fluid to change, adaptable.
- Adult + Child + Infant CPR, AED, and First Aid certification.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This position works primarily in an indoor setting with exposure to noisy environments, dim lighting, strong visual effects including strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/ or enclosed spaces. Will require work outside often in extreme weather conditions.
- Moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Positioning or moving objects up to 20 pounds.
The employee will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols.
Full-time and part-time opportunities available. Schedules are based on business needs. It requires a flexible schedule to accommodate times the exhibit is closed to the public. Occasional evening, overnight and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
This position does not require supervisory responsibility.
No travel is required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Meow Wolf truly embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.