Our Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are our face to the customer and are empowered and encouraged to own the ‘Customer Experience’. The CSR III is responsible for assisting Branch Management with the daily CSR operations. The CSR III provides support and guidance to other CSR’s and acts as a resource to assist Management. The CSR III also plays a larger role in promoting and initiating sales of bank services and leads the Branch CSR team in performance to goals established.
Our level III, CSR provides mentorship to other CSR’s in support of Management’s leadership. The CSR III independently opens and closes the branch and assists management in other operational activities that will contribute to the branch successful operations. The role also performs the daily essential functions of the CSR, including more complex customer needs, Consumer Loan Processing, and IRA transactions.
- Assists customers with all aspects of opening and maintaining personal and business checking, savings, and time deposit accounts to include IRAs, and provides other services as needed.
- Provides assistance and support to Management with acting as a resource for other CSR’s.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to CSR’s on process, efficiencies, and addresses daily operational questions.
- Ability to process a variety of customer transactions accurately and efficiently to include deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, issuing bank checks and money orders, loan payments, IRAs, check cashing, etc.
- Ability to assist with independent problem resolution and handling of difficult customer interactions.
- Follow bank protocol to mitigate fraud or loss to the bank when signing Bank Checks within FSB limits established.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all FSB Products and Services.
- Assists Management with the established operational standards of the branch, to include monthly audits, preparation of weekly cash shipments, approval system supervisor overrides
- Sets up new accounts and performs maintenance on appropriate system applications for all types of accounts.
- Builds relationships with customers and become a leader in recognizing opportunities to successfully cross-sell bank products and services and referring leads to the appropriate business partners.
- Responsible for handling the Consumer loan process through the entire loan cycle. Includes meeting with customers, application, interviews, processing, and ensuring all required documentation and paperwork is prepared and accurate for closing the loan.
- Lead CSRs through example, by focusing on the Customer Experience and modeling needs-based conversations to offer financial solutions to meet our customer’s needs and provide excellent customer service to all customers (internal and external).
- Leader in creating a positive work environment.
- Follows all bank policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Assists with daily balancing of vault cash and cash recyclers within branch operational standards.
- Ensure CSR station is organized, clean and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Answers emails and phone calls coming into the branch.
- Attends required meetings and completes trainings as assigned. Takes initiative and responsibility for self-development and continued learning.
- Must be willing to travel and report to any of our local branches if necessary, whether temporary or permanent.
- Responsible for working accurately and effectively within our banking systems. Technical skills are necessary including Word and Excel.
- Saturday coverage is required.
- Responsible for opening / closing the branch in accordance with established policies and overseeing operations in managements absence.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written. Strong in interpersonal skills and maintaining good relations with team and customers.
- Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Quality and Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; Maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Teamwork and positive approach: Co-operate within the group and across groups. Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals.
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness: Service and educate customers using appropriate communication methods to gain acceptance of products and services from new and existing clients.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a professional manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of three years of Banking experience is required.
- Constantly moving between pod, drive-up window, and office to service customers.
- Ability to lift cash boxes and currency/coin bags of approximately 30 pounds.
First Seacoast Bank is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with our employees and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please call us locally at 603-742-4680 or toll-free at 1-800-462-2265. This email and phone number will assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.