Job Title: Assembler
FLSA: Non-Exempt: Hourly
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Job Summary: Assembles metal products, such as combination and key locks, partially or completely, packages products and accessories and working at bench or on shop floor by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled and/or following blueprints/routings and bills of materials.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Removes small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to product close fit between parts.
- Operates drill presses, presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
- Wires and solders simple subassemblies.
- Function and visual checks a variety of product to verify quality.
- Makes up boxes, labels, accessory packs for finished products, using heat sealers, label machine, staple machines, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.