Assist in the installation of structured cabling systems to meet the customer’s requested needs.
Duties and responsibilities
· Install low voltage systems, infrastructure, and equipment in commercial/industrial sites in a neat and workmanlike manner.
· Perform all cable pulling, suspension, fireproofing, terminating, and testing in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other local regulations
· Test all systems and equipment to ensure performance of system
· Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals and product manuals to properly program and verify new systems
· Build Telecommunication rooms per customer specifications.
· Ensure all schedules and deadlines are met.
· Knowledge of applicable NEC OSHA requirements and standards (will train)
· Possess a valid driver’s license
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
· BICSI Certification (preferred) or thorough understanding of BICSI Level III Technician requirements and qualifications
· Power limited technician license (PLT)
· Ability to travel.
Typical 40-hour work week M-F.
Mostly day shift with occasional night shifts.
Potential for some overtime and weekend overtime work
Be able to lift and pull 50lbs.
Be able to climb ladders throughout the work day.