Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
The Senior Accountant will play an integral role in assisting the finance team with general accounting processes and controls including month end close, account reconciliations, financial ad hoc analysis, accounts payable, invoicing, preparation of journal entries, audit participation and various special projects. This position requires a detail-oriented person with initiative, good judgment, persistence and the ability to learn systems quickly.
- Maintenance of general ledger for multiple company subsidiaries
- Prepare GL account reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, prepaid expense subsidiary schedules and Intercompany invoice transactions
- Process GL journal entries
- Assist in calculations for accounts that require significant estimates and judgment
- Assist in the AP process, including importing of provider claims
- Assist in monthly consolidation of financial statements and preparation of financial reports for management
- Assist in external audits
- Assist in information and documentation gathering to assist in the filing of tax returns by the company’s external tax firm
- Perform analysis as needed to assist in company forecast and budget processes
- Perform special projects, other duties and responsibilities as requested
- Education: Bachelor's degree required preferably in accounting, business or related field.
- 5+ years of accounting work experience required, preferably in healthcare
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with general ledger activities and accounts payable required
Skills & Abilities
- Sage Intacct experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Organized self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time in a high growth, fast paced environment
- High degree of integrity and professionalism including the ability to successfully manage sensitive or confidential information
- Proven ability to identify process inefficiencies, offer recommendations for improvements and implement solutions
- Strong computer and analytical skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Background Check & Drug Screening: Able to pass detailed background checks and drug screening according to company policy.
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.