TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
We are seeking an Outreach Coordinator that will be a key team member within our Generation Earth Environmental Education Youth Leadership program. This program inspires, educates, and trains K-12 students to become leaders in their communities, in helping their school campuses and surrounding communities to become green and to become agents for climate resilience. This position will assist in development of the program strategy and delivering the Generation Earth Program to Los Angeles County educators.
- Build, establish and maintain partnerships with schools, administrators, school districts, and youth to strengthen our goals and map to targeted regions identified by TreePeople and Los Angeles County.
- Recruit and network with teachers and students to encourage them to work with the Generation Earth program.
- Facilitate outreach opportunities at educator conferences and community events.
- Present at school district meetings and local events to educate attendees on the benefits and goals of the Generation Earth Program.
- Represent TreePeople and the Generation Earth program in the community.
- Discover Corporate Sponsorship opportunities and build relationships to bring in-kind support to Generation Earth.
- Maintain contact database.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications team to update and manage program’s social media and newsletter outreach as needed.
- Provide program support through teacher facilitators, on-site visits, telephone, fax and email.
- Administer professional development workshops provided to secondary educators across Los Angeles County.
- Other duties as assigned.