Individuals perform a variety of duties of a technical and often complex nature, supporting the development and issuance of ICC-ES reports on the code compliance of building materials, products and methods. Operating under the close supervision of the Regional Engineering Director, Evaluation Specialists work closely with all ICC-ES staff as well as with clients and building officials, as needed, to complete evaluation of submitted technical data and produce reports. Evaluation Specialists may be assigned to work under the direction of a specific technical staff member on particular assignments.
- Following established ICC-ES procedures, works independently as well as within a team environment to deliver professional services.
- Studies and evaluates test reports, calculations, and other technical data submitted by evaluation report applicants.
- Prepares correspondence and reports regarding compliance of building products, materials, and methods with applicable codes.
- Develops criteria for the acceptance of alternative building methods and materials.
- Provides expert assistance to building departments throughout the United States.
- Participates in ICC-ES Evaluation Committee hearings.
- Represents ICC-ES on matters of interest and concern at meetings with governmental officials, industry groups, international bodies, and other interested parties.
- Keeps professionally abreast of developments in the building construction field through participation in conferences, meetings and seminars of professional organizations as well as through constant review of relevant literature.
- Performs other tasks as may be directed by the Regional Engineering Director.