Have a science degree, but enjoy interacting with new people? Maybe a career in Life Science Sales is for you!
ABS is looking for unique individuals seeking a challenging and fulfilling career. This is a sales position where you can contribute to biomedical research. We work with our clients in pharma and biotech companies to understand their needs and make their research faster, easier, and more reliable. Because of this, our services are highly customized. You must be inquisitive and have a good general knowledge of drug discovery research as well as strong desire to help our clients succeed.
Compensation and benefits are highly competitive.
ABS is a successful and growing bioscience company founded in 1990. We are looking for exceptional individuals who have strong sales skills and/or a strong desire to learn and a good background in biological sciences for business development positions in the US and Europe. Our products and services are highly customized to meet client needs. This is not a catalogue type sales position, but a consultative type of sales.
Ideally, the right candidates will have a proven track record of accomplishments in life science sales. However, we are willing to train exceptional candidates with a strong desire to learn.
This is currently a remote work position. There are different entry level points to the position based on candidate qualifications.
We offer a competitive base salary with significant commission upside for new business. Benefits include full medical, vision, dental, short- and long-term disability insurances along with a 401K plan with matching contributions. Please apply if you are person who is goal driven and meet the qualifications listed here.
Responsibilities and Required Duties
• Consistently prospect for new business opportunities via phone, email, networking and social media
• Interpret prospect and client needs and collaborate to determine best solution
• Communicate with internal personnel and relay prospect and client needs
• Provide accurate pricing to prospects and clients
• Ensure client satisfaction through direct communication with client
• Record all communication with clients and appropriate internal personnel in CRM System
• Present quotes
• Log all opportunities and assign to the appropriate sales stage in CRM System
• Extensive Travel to client sites, trade shows, and conferences
• Conduct face to face and virtual sales meetings with prospects and clients
• Trade show participation including booth setup and disassembly, and representing ABS to prospects and clients in a professional manner
• Create and execute a professional development plan
• Maintain an accurate and complete sales pipeline
• Create and execute account plans for key accounts
• Create and execute sales plans for assigned territory
Sales Skills and Experience (Preferred, not Required)
• Knowledge of Pharma and Biotech Industries
• Ability to credibly discuss issues and opportunities with Senior Level Clients and Prospects
• Confidence in presenting new ideas and opportunities and the business value they create
• Ability to proactively identify target prospects and initiate direct contact
• Ability to effectively execute a structured sales process from qualifying to closing
• Ability to effectively present solutions to individuals or groups of stakeholders
• Effective use of social networks such as LinkedIn or Twitter for research and prospecting
• Effective sales call planning and execution
• Ability to articulate value and avoid selling on price
• Ability to build strong business relationships with clients
A BS/BA or higher degree in biological sciences is required.
• Fluent in English
• Fluent in German and/or French is a plus, but not essential for the European position.
• Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Excellent Grammatical Skills
• Good questioning and listening skills
Mathematical and Analytical Skills
• A basic understanding of arithmetic and elementary algebra
• Ability to calculate percentages and create and interpret simple graph
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Effective use of the internet for research
• Basic proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
• Ability to prioritize and manage details of multiple projects simultaneously
• Effective time management and scheduling (calendar)
• Effectively manage email without compromising key responsibilities