Zoo Facilities Technician (ZFT) is responsible for serving the Zoo and Site Development teams in maintaining the zoo exhibits and other spaces. Assist zookeepers in developing enrichment, create the best experience possible for our guests and provide the best possible care for our animal collection. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Answers in Genesis attractions, serving others, enthusiastic, energetic and an excellent multi-tasker. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Coordinate daily with team members and zoo staff to develop task priorities.
- Conduct daily facility condition inspections.
- Report and repair damage to deteriorating features or furnishings as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs for animal exhibit and holding spaces.
- Assist, as needed, with the attraction’s animal care program.
- Assist in construction and remodeling of zoo facilities.
- Operate a variety of hand tools, small equipment and maintain exhibit landscapes, improve habitats and perform general construction/maintenance.
- Ensure the safety and care of the animals as well as the guests or other employees.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to stay calm under pressure.
- Able to multitask.
- Must be friendly and courteous with guests.
- Perform duties in varied temperature and weather conditions throughout the attraction (e.g., extreme heat/cold, wind, rain, snow)
- Bend and lift between 50 to 100 pounds.
- Must be least 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate ministry trucks and vehicles.
- Must be able to stand and move throughout the attraction for the entire length of shift.
- Mission focused and driven.
Education & Experience
- Any combination of education or job-related experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to perform the task is preferred.
Items Needed for Possible Employment
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen