Silver Rapids Waterpark is looking for dedicated people to help build up our Aquatics team! We are looking to hire at least 20 candidates as lifeguards. Lifeguarding is a very rewarding job, and is best for those who love to learn and work in a team.
Lifeguards make $12/hour once they pass their lifeguard class. We will also pay you for training and certifications! A win win!
-A Silver Mt Season Pass for each season you work with our company
-Discounts throughout the resort
-Free Waterpark Access for up to six people any day you are not on shift.
-FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE Can work around any other job, school, or extra curricular schedules.
-Lots of room for advancement into our leadership team.
Job Description: Entry Level Job - Responsible for the protection of the life and safety of all guests, both in and out of the water by following established rules, regulations and procedures. Ensure a positive public relations image. The overriding and most important function of each employee is to either directly (by interaction) or indirectly (by providing the key support role to a guest experience) strive to provide the finest in friendly service and quality product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guest safety is the most important concern of the lifeguard. All lifeguards should do everything possible to maintain an accident free environment, by watching for potential problems proactively.
- Every lifeguard has the responsibility of covering their assigned water zone using the 10/20 scanning rule, which means the guard has 10 seconds to recognize a problem within their zone and 10 seconds to respond to and reach that problem.
- Monitoring and maintaining control over queue areas and slide towers.
- Ensuring that the waterpark is clean and free from trash
- Performing daily opening and closing duties as assigned
- Supervises and provides surveillance of swimmers and guests during park hours and special events.
- Enforces the rules and regulations and renders appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Advises aquatics management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
- Possesses a general knowledge of the activity pools and flume attractions.
- Assists guests in a polite and expedient manner.
- Performs daily routine chores and maintenance of waterpark to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
- Handles and communicates with guests on a one-on-one basis in a professional, courteous manner.
- Maintains a businesslike atmosphere in the Guard area at all times.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance and a professional conduct at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Pre-Employment Requirements: Reference check, criminal background check, drug test.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Must have & maintain an Ellis & Associates CPR/AR/AED Lifeguard License.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Ensuring that Ellis & Associates standards are meet at all times and to participate in the required in-service training and audits so we can be ready to handle and manage any aquatic emergency in a professional and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates ability to provide expert care, sensitive consideration and efficient service to guests.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment, while constantly on feet (standing and walking) with or without shoes on wet or dry concrete surfaces without difficulty or injury to self
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification in First Aid, CPR and NPWLTP (Must pass Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Training).