We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to learn and develop skills to manage all the activities required to sell, design, and construct multi-family, industrial, and/or commercial projects. Project Engineers assist project teams with contract administration, estimating, cost management, schedule management, safety, and quality assurance.
- Contract Administration: Participate in selecting appropriate subcontractors, preparing bidding documents, creating bid evaluations, analyzing bids, and making recommendations to the Project Manager on subcontractor selection using fair methods and practices. Participate in writing all subcontractor contracts and change order agreements for Project Manager's approval and signature.
- Estimating: Participate in preparing estimates for new projects, gaining knowledge of project comparison estimating, take-off estimating, and category square footage comparison estimating.
- Schedule Management: Participate in the preparation of project schedules utilizing historical averages, field resources, project management resources and industry resources. Participate in identifying project problems and gathering information on alternative solutions.
- Cost Management: Participate in the preparation of job cost reports utilizing accounting reports, field resources, and project management resources. Participate in the preparation of Applications for Payment to the project owner.
- Quality Assurance: Become familiar with the company’s Quality Assurance Program and specific project Quality Assurance programs including research and revision recommendations.
- Safety: Become familiar with the company’s Safety Program and participate in preparing specific safety measures and programs that are reviewed and approved by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Client Relations & Business Development: Participate in appropriate project coordination meetings with the owner or owner's representative. Become familiar with the company’s various proposal formats and participate in preparing new client proposals for review and approval by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or related degree.
- Zero to two years’ experience in the construction industry, preferably in multi-family and/or commercial/industrial buildings
- Able to communicate effectively and work productively with others.
- Other success factors include attention to detail, problem solving, reliability, thoroughness, positive attitude, professionalism, and an eagerness to learn.
- Ability to use construction management software such as Procore, Timberline, Bluebeam, CMiC, PlanGrid, Textura, and Field ID.
- Ability to use the internet and Microsoft Office 365.
No Agency Inquiries Please
The McShane Companies (McShane Construction Company, Cadence McShane Construction Company, and Conor Commercial Real Estate) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. The McShane Companies will not pay a placement fee in connection with any such unsolicited resumes.