Downtown Dallas, Inc. (DDI) is the principal advocate, champion, and steward of Downtown, effecting change by developing strategies, setting targets, and mobilizing resources that stimulate a vibrant and sustainable Downtown environment, improve infrastructure, enhance economic competitiveness, create a culturally inclusive urban center, position the area as a global destination, foster innovation, and technology in all aspects of the urban experience.
At DDI, we work every day to improve the quality of life for workers, visitors, and residents, including making sure the Downtown area remains one of the safest and cleanest in the city.
DDI is seeking Security Professionals who believe Downtown Dallas is a place where all feel welcomed and inspired to DREAM BIG! The position is ideal for a driven, team-oriented security professional who has great customer service skills and can engage with tourists, business professionals, property managers and residents. The ideal candidate embodies values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Courage, Trustworthy and Unity.
Requirements for role:
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, background check, and FBI fingerprinting.
- Must be able to pass the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) Test
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid State Driver's License
- Must have a Level II Security License
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bicycle outdoors in extreme climates for an eight-hour shift
- Provide visible uniformed presence by patrolling designated areas on bicycle or foot.
- Provide customer service to citizens and visitors by answering questions and addressing complaints.
- Enhance security and perception of safety in downtown by presence.
- Interact with individuals to resolve any quality of life issues.
- Assist Dallas Police Department with quality of life issues and identifying crime suspects and criminals.
- Assist City Square Homeless Outreach Team in addressing quality of life issues.
- Report equipment failure including, streetlights, signs, traffic signals, pedestrian amenities, etc.
- Assist with first aid and emergency situations if needed.
- Monitor high-risk and high pedestrian areas to deter crime.
- Provide support for special events as needed.
- Represent Downtown Dallas and DID in a professional manner on the job, at meetings, or special events.
- Complete daily activity reports and other assignments as specified by your shift supervisor.
- Operate two-way radio using 10-codes.
- Stay current on City of Dallas codes and ordinances.
- High school diploma or GED, at least two years of college education preferred
- Completion of requirements for becoming a Commissioned Security Officer in the state of Texas.
- Interest or experience in public administration, law enforcement, social services, or community development
- Bi-lingual ability is desirable
Compensation: $18.24 / hour depending on experience. Eligible for a performance-based pay increase after completion of the introductory period.
Downtown Dallas, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO), 401k and much more.
Downtown Dallas, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Downtown Dallas, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.