At Hillel Day School, we inspire a passion for learning, responsibility to self and community, and devotion to Jewish living in a warm, innovative, and engaging environment.
Hillel Day School is a vibrant and joyful, early childhood-through-eighth grade Jewish day school in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Hillel is committed to embracing an authentic and rigorous education for the modern learner. Teachers at Hillel enjoy fostering an academic culture of innovation, collaboration, and creativity where learning is lasting and infectious.
We are seeking a hands-on Mashgiach to play a significant part of our kitchen staff.
The Mashgiach must be an outstanding, righteous, Shomer Shabbat person who is highly respected in the community and will ensure the food for all team members meets the highest Kashrut standards.
Hours 6:00am to 2:30pm Monday thru Friday.
· Examines, oversees, organizes and puts away incoming kitchen stock and ingredients purchases.
· Inspects equipment, utensils and food supplies to ascertain that separation of dairy and meat products is maintained and all food entering the kitchen meets kosher standards.
· Ensures a first-in, first out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
· Washing and inspecting properly storing produce to ensure there is no infestation
· Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
· Able to follow health guidelines by state and local officials
· Catering on some weekends is required
· Other duties assigned as required under the Jewish day school guidelines
· Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
· In depth communication and organizational skills
· Aptitude for multi-tasking
· Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team
· Ability to work under pressure
· Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
· ServSafe Certified in Food Handling (required)