The Lift Mechanic position is responsible for the safe and reliable mechanical operation of Bogus Basin’s lifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Inspect and maintains all lifts and surface conveyors in accordance with ANSI B.77 and manufacturers’ guidelines for the daily operation of the ski area.
- Respond to lift issues/failures to safely and efficiently resolve situations in a timely manner.
- Communicate maintenance issues immediately to the Director of Lift Maintenance.
- Assist in the maintenance of slope lighting.
- Promote safety by following safe practices and reporting any unsafe conditions or situations.
- Ride all operating lifts on a daily basis or as determined by the Director of Mountain Operations.
- Maintain accurate maintenance logs on all work performed.
- Maintain occurrence training logs per OSHA guidelines.
- Maintain shop in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Assist with lift operations training.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Assist with special projects including other departments’ projects, as needed.
- Assist lift operators and snow cats in proper ramp and maze maintenance.
- Assist lift operations and assume lift operating duties when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.