This position uses AutoCAD/Revit software to support Architects and Interior Designers in preparing site plans, floor plans, building elevations, sections, and detail drawings. This individual completes construction drawings and specifications used in obtaining building permits and project bidding; Performs drawing revisions and maintains information regarding changes to database; Collaborates with architects on complicated issues and has occasional contact with clients, contractors, and consultants. A solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Architecture terminology is essential, along with mechanical aptitude that includes an ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
• Assembles professional drawing packages using Revit (BIM) with occasional CAD use to produce designs, working drawings, specifications, forms and records
• Continually develops & refines architectural detailing and creation of drawing packages
• Analyzes building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents to report their effect on architectural designs.
• Organizes construction drawing package format.
• Coordinates with consultants and their drawings (ie: structural, civil, electrical, mechanical, etc.) to help facilitate a complete drawing package.
• Draws rough and detailed floor plans, sections, details, reflected ceiling plans and elevations based on preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data provided by design team.
• Interacts occasionally with clients on design projects
• Obtains & assembles data to complete interior & architectural designs. Visits job sites to compile measurements, as needed
• Represents the project manager on construction sites, to ensure builder compliance with design specifications.
• Provides advice on design corrections under project manager supervision.
• Helps in shop drawing review process.
Knowledge & Skills
• 2-year technical degree in architectural drafting
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
• Proficient in Revit, CAD, Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Sketch-up & Photoshop are a plus.
• Detail orientated and ability to manage multiple projects
• Professional demeanor and communication skills
• Expanding knowledge of building codes and their project application
• Experience in field verifications