The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for managing and administering all Housekeeping operations to ensure the highest quality of cleanliness and guest satisfaction. This position must be able to lead and develop the entire housekeeping staff. The manager must be able to coordinate and supervise assigned tasks and duties utilizing available staff and volunteers. The manager will accomplish tasks relating to the ongoing operations, predictable upkeep, and preventative cleaning scheduled for the Ark Encounter Property.
This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and team building skills with staff, peers and across departments.
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness, service and product quality standards of Ark public spaces, restrooms, grounds, Answers Center, offices/conference rooms, etc. in accordance with federal, local and ministry health, sanitation and safety standard.
- Lead, manage and administer all Housekeeping operations to include, but not limited to, of systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Oversee the completion of scheduled housekeeping and janitorial tasks utilizing a scheduled work crew of staff and volunteers during an assigned shift.
- Develop and maintain the standard operating procedures for maintaining the cleanliness of the Ark Encounter property.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Actively inspect all areas of the property to ensure standards are maintained and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.