- Oversee multiple construction projects from start to finish
- Maintain strict adherence of in-house install teams and subcontractors to NCS quality and safety standards, and the use of proper construction techniques
- Work directly with Director of Construction in project planning and identifying resources to successfully complete installation
- Develop and maintain construction schedules
- Create bill of materials for project construction needs and work closely with procurement manager to ensure material readiness
- Select tools, materials, and equipment, and track inventory
- Prepare and implement project-specific job site safety plans
- Implement safety precautions and conduct weekly safety audits to mitigate all job site hazards and maintain compliance with OSHA and NCS safety standards
- Manage performance, productivity, and work quality of all crew members and subcontractors to ensure that the project is completed on-time and within budget
- Support onsite staff and provide supervision when needed
- Manage the punch list, demobilization, commissioning, and financial closeout of projects
- Maintain a daily log of construction conditions, events and progress including pictures and complete project documents, and documentation of project delays.
- Provide evaluations of performance on subcontractors, prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Perform weekly toolbox safety talks with on-site crews
- Photograph all stages, build processes, and quality of a project
- Energize project upon receiving authorization to operate from the utility.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid State Driver's License and clean driving record
- 3+ years of experience in solar construction with proven supervisory experience
- Proficiency with reading blueprints, plans and specs
- High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Proficiency in planning and production
- Team leader with proven delegation and motivational skills
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. and pass a background check and drug screen
- Able to ascend/descend ladders and position self to reach under solar arrays
- Experience and comfort with working on roofs
- Self-starter and ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Sketchup/Layout and/or AutoCAD
- OSHA10 or OSHA30 safety training
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified
- NABCEP Associate or Professional certification
- Certified to operate forklift, scissor lift, boom lift, and/or other construction equipment
- Experience working with a CRM database such as Salesforce
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: New Columbia Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.______________________________________________________________________________
Occupational Health and Safety: New Columbia Solar provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.